Quantitative UX Researcher
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to build a better financial future!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
UX Research at Wealthsimple
At Wealthsimple today, we have a small but mighty UX Research team. We’re adaptable generalists who each bring different skills and experiences to our research practice. We all co-own the practice of UX Research at Wealthsimple, working together to build resources, tools, and culture. We are situated with the broader UX team, along with our peers in Product Design and Product Content. We collaborate with the Data Science team on research projects, and are now looking to bring a new speciality onto our team with the addition of a Quantitative Researcher.
We are leaders within the organization when it comes to diversity & inclusion and put these values at the centre of our work.
About this role
As our first Quantitative UX Researcher, you will partner with teams in Product and Marketing to identify and answer complex questions about our clients and the market to drive business decisions. You will help build the foundation of the quantitative side of our practice, identifying the tools, processes and resources we need. You’ll both conduct hands-on research and identify and supervise vendors to build our understanding of our clients, present and future. In particular, you’ll support the organization in creating consistent, robust processes for key internal and external surveys. You’ll also collaborate with our team of researchers, conducting mixed methods work together to craft compelling narratives. Your work will help us make smarter, more human-centred decisions, and inform strategic direction.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Product Designers, Content Strategists and Growth Marketing Managers to identify and prioritize research questions
- Use a range of research methods to answer those questions, combining client and market data with a mix of primary and secondary research
- Own the practice of surveying across the organization, running key org-wide market and internal surveys, and educating and consulting with others on best practices
- Drive recommendations and decision-making based on data and hone internal understanding of our clients and the market
- Synthesize results from research collaboratively and communicate key findings to teams and stakeholders
- Develop the practice of Quantitative UX Research at Wealthsimple, building processes and best practices, identifying needed tools, and building relationships with research vendors
- Work with the UX Research team to define and promote the practice of research across Wealthsimple
- Work with the UX Research team to advance diversity and inclusion both in our product and within our organization
We're looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience in a quantitative research role, such as quantitative UX research, market research, or consulting
- Has knowledge and hands-on experience in quantitative research methodologies and analysis (e.g. survey sampling and design, regression, and segmentation)
- Has basic knowledge of programming languages and/or software for quantitative and statistical analysis (e.g. Python, R, Stata, SPSS, SAS)
- Has strong project management skills and has both executed in-house research and managed external research agencies, vendors and tools
- Is an exceptional communicator and has the ability to translate technical analyses for non-technical audiences and support in turning insights into actions
- Is a great collaborator and listener who can work with stakeholders to understand and clarify their research needs
- Is comfortable navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing research asks across multiple teams
- Takes a creative approach to making research happen under tight timelines and constraints
- Takes ownership of projects and is happy to learn on the go
- Has an eye for good design and can participate in critique and creative brainstorming sessions
- Cares deeply about diversity & inclusion and wants to live those values where they work
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.