Hello, we’re Tide.
We believe SMEs have been vastly underserviced and overlooked by traditional banks. Something as simple as opening an account can take weeks, mountains of paperwork and too much time. Through a mobile-first platform, we provide modern business banking services to small-business owners, saving them time so they can get back to doing what they love.
Based in central London, Tide is backed by some of Europe’s most notable founders and investors, including Robin and Saul Klein (LocalGlobe) and Alex Chesterman (Zoopla Property Group), as well as top VCs in London and Stockholm (Anthemis, Creandum and Passion Capital).
We’re offering the right person, the opportunity to join our dynamic team to help unlock the next stage of our growth. We’re a rocket ship that's going places – this looks a little like world domination!
Your day will look a little like this:
As a Product Designer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a god-like challenger of the banking world) you will work in our small but growing design team across our consumer apps, iOS, Android and Web. You’ll help shape Tide’s evolving brand and product experience. Working with the Product and Engineering teams on our ambitious and scaling products. We also work with the marketing team on brand creative and web. This is a flexible role as we have a lot to do - You could be working on a product feature in the app, on part of our website, researching a payment system or helping plan the next big thing to make business finances a breeze.
Who are we looking for?
- You’re an exceptional designer with a portfolio showcasing your design work.
- You’ve proven experience designing great digital experiences and products.
- You’re a pro in the tools we use (or similar) which are: Figma/Sketch, Invision, Principle, Adobe CC, pen and paper.
- You work best as part of a team with Product people, Engineers, and Designers.
- You have worked in fast paced agile environments/startups/product agency.
- You like to craft stunning UI, but can also work within an existing design system.
- You can iterate ideas and rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes.
- You can solve complex problems and know where time can be spent most effectively.
- You take pride in creating beautiful designs but know that usability is crucial.
- You can communicate effectively, regardless of the audience.
- You are data driven - using both qualitative & quantitative data to influence your work.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in similar consumer facing apps.
- You know all about iOS and Android and their platform patterns.
- Experience in conducting user research.
- Strong technical knowledge, you don't get lost in developer chat.
- Motion graphics, animation, video editing, illustration chops.
- Experience with atomic design systems, components, style guides.
What are we like to work for?
- We’re not corporate, we’re a start-up. You will have an unparalleled exposure to many areas of the business – improve and impact how we work
- We will give you the freedom to be inquisitive and proactive – pursue your interests and develop career with us as we scale
- We’re open and progressive – input is encouraged at all levels
- We’re a social bunch. We celebrate the milestones, big and small and genuinely enjoy each other’s company!
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Different people bring fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, which make the way work is undertaken more effective and efficient. If you’re not into diversity, Tide may not be in the right place for you! Tide holds itself accountable against measurable diversity objectives.