Senior UX Designer
Samsung Research America
Company: Samsung Design Innovation Center (SDIC)
Lab: UX Team
Location: San Francisco, CA
At SDIC, we are looking for creatively skilled and collaborative designers to join our group and bring new energy to our process. You should be ready to help at all stages of product design, from identifying unmet and latent needs, discovering untapped design opportunities, crafting new product concepts, to building and applying technology that tackles real user problems and pushes the boundaries that re-imagine the way we interact with products.
Our work appears on smartphones, tablets, computers, televisions, wearables, and other devices we can’t describe, yet. See some of our work at http://design.samsung.com/global/contents/sdic/
Samsung Design Innovation Center (SDIC) located in San Francisco, CA, is looking for an experienced Senior, UX Design, who shares our “innovation through passion” philosophy, and thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. You will design visually beautiful, functional, and desirable interfaces and services across a wide array of technologies while working with a team of highly skilled designers. We are interested in a passionate, self-motivated individual who is comfortable in a highly fluid environment. You will bring the drive, innovation style, and curiosity; we will provide the environment for you to thrive and grow.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Preferred in related field or equivalent practical experience and training
- 7+ years of UX Design with Project Management/Leadership, User Experience/Interaction Design/Product Design/User Research
- User-centric and innovative strategy for design and discovery
- Advanced understanding of design-centered processes and methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- Design hypothesis development, prototyping & testing, sketching & visualizing bold ideas and user scenarios
- Pitching and communicating the UX/UI concept to stakeholders
- Documentation creation: Scenarios, Wireframes, Visual Design, low & high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes
- Time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Be clear, concise, have transparent communication style, willing to take action, and open to starting a project, idea, concept from scratch
- Travel International and Domestic and work overtime when needed
- Conceptualize, visualize and develop ideas for products and take them from germinal to shippable
- Wireframing, conceptualizing, rapid prototyping, user-testing, interaction design, and visual design
- Collaboration! Work on products and features in close collaboration with other Designers and Engineers
- Crafting experiences that accomplish appropriately set goals, successfully
- Building ideas that turn complex and confusing into simple and understandable
Be Bold. Resonate with Soul!
The UX Team drives innovation and creates disruptive user experiences. From ideation to prototype to final product launch to market, the team is in charge of all product development phases. The UX Team also leads and envisions future concepts, and develops products, technologies, and ecosystem of services for these concepts.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
“We will consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records.”