UX Design Intern
KAYAK is looking for an energetic and passionate User Experience Design intern who is an excellent communicator and can identify opportunities for improvement, innovation and impact. This role requires customer focus, a data-driven approach and awareness of current practices for app and web UX design.
What you’ll do
- You will be working collaboratively with product managers, designers, and developers or identify user problems and design innovative solutions
- You will develop user flows, wireframes, ad user journeys that reflect the user experience of our users
- You will assist in planning and conducting user research, including user interviews, remote or in-house research and moderated or unmoderated user testing
- You will leverage user research methodologies to identify product strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
- Coursework in Human-Computer Interaction, UX and/or Product Design
- Experience with design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Framer, Studio, Axure, etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Specific experience in successfully designing and developing new products on web and mobile
- Detail-oriented and excellent analytical thinking
- Problem solving and multitasking skills
- Comfortable working with Data/has Data Visualization experience
- Experience working on Design in a startup environment
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.