Senior UX/UI Designer
Sr. UX/UI Designer
LawnStarter is a marketplace that makes lawn care easy for homeowners while helping small businesses succeed. We've raised millions in venture funding and are growing fast. Are you a passionate UX/UI Designer excited about providing customer-focused design direction?
Who we are looking for
You are an enthusiastic and passionate designer comfortable analyzing problems and coming up with creative solutions. You pride yourself on quality of work, with a high sense of responsibility. You design with the user as your focus, taking into account user feedback and metrics to drive your solutions. You’re excellent at communicating your design decisions and directions to help define and deliver amazing product experiences.
What makes this role awesome
1 - Team
We believe the most significant part of any work environment is the team. That’s why we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, hungry, and smart folks that you will get to work with every single day. That’s a huge part of the reason LawnStarter received the best places to work in 2018 award from the Austin-American Statesman.
2 - Growth
We have a small, tight-knit team willing to give responsibility to anyone that is hungry, humble, and smart. You’ll have ownership and be the main driver for our growing design culture and direction. You will be a pivotal role in establishing process between product, design, and engineering. Work with an engineering team eager, and excited to implement well-thought-out, creative designs.
3 - Startup Environment (Without the Early Stage Risk)
Our core team in Austin is small, around 20 people, and efficient. We are generating tens of millions of dollars in revenue per year enabling us to have a close-knit, agile, and fun environment that make startups so alluring with the added benefit of stability.
- Help build, establish, and follow best practices and processes that can scale as we grow
- Create elegant and practical solutions to design challenges while working closely with product and engineering.
- Deliver low-high fidelity wireframes and prototypes for rapid iteration
- Utilize UX tools, data, personas, and metrics to help direct user experiences
- Maintain, guide, and communicate UX/UI consistency across our products and platforms
- Update, create, and revise designs and documentation based on consistent user testing and feedback
- Supply pixel perfect, consistent mocks for engineers to develop with
- 3+ years experience as a UX or UI designer in a startup, or mid-size company
- A portfolio that displays a solid understanding of UX best practices, demonstrating systematic and creative design thinking, and prototyping experience
- Experience designing for responsive web, iOS, and Android platforms
Help build, establish, and follow best practices and processes that can scale as we grow
- Experience in organizing, planning, estimating, and prioritizing between UI mocks and UX work in an agile highly iterative environment
- Proficient in using a set of UX/UI/handoff tools and creating pixel perfect mocks: Sketch, Invision, Adobe, Zeplin
- Prior experience in a fast iterative environment and product development teams
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work across functional teams
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Lunch provided twice a week
- A dog in a banana costume
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.