We are looking for a talented, ambitious designer to join our UK team. Starting at 20 hours per week you will be a part-time partner in our tech-for-good vision of searchable video comments.
Vialog is a video commenting technology that provides community engagement tools for communities and businesses. We research and build video, transcription, translation and blockchain related technologies in order to ship tools for social change.
We were European Film Market Startup in 2018 and recently graduated Y Combinator's School of Startups. We received funding from Innovate UK and EU H2020. Public iOS mvp: [https://appsto.re/gb/Kk_sfb.i](https://appsto.re/gb/Kk_sfb.i).
Designers and engineers are on the same team here. We use what we design. You will lead us in solving unique design challenges around mobile video creation and consumption. The ideal candidate should have an eye for beautiful and clean design and excellence in translating ideas to interfaces.
What kind of maker are we looking for in our early-stage social media startup?
- Embrace an "Own it" culture. Be practical and close to the product, with generalist skills to jump from one piece of design to another
- Speed and agility to draft lo-fidelity sketches, build prototypes and to deliver hi-fidelity design
- Choices based on experiments and data and continuous testing
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, strategy, UI design and user research and testing
- UX: Ability to think at the system level, and conceive user-facing solutions
- UI: Ability to design and deliver efficient and elegant user interface for all mediums
- Prototyping: Ability to quickly translate mockups into interactive prototypes
- User testing: Ability to test solutions with users and extract insights
* NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in branding and storytelling
- Rapid prototyping skills (Marvel, Invision, or similar)
- Enthusiasm for content creation on Snapchat, Instagram, Youtube, etc.
- Experience in video editing or in creating animated explainer videos
- Experience creating high conversion landing pages for SaaS companies
- A bit of coding, e.g. basic HTML & CSS, JS etc.
*APPLY NOW IF
Candidate interviews are starting now. Only apply if you have a UK National Insurance number. Please note that this is a remote job. Please send your portfolio and CV and do elaborate on one of your past projects you feel most relevant to Vialog.
Are you ready to discuss? Let us know.