Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace that’s changing the rules of luxury by making the world’s most-wanted fashion brands accessible and sustainable. With millions of verified authentic fashion items for sale, Tradesy is the largest peer-to-peer luxury platform in the US, and our sellers have earned over $1 billion to-date. We make it safe and simple to recirculate pre-owned clothing and accessories, allowing our customers to access affordable luxury, reduce waste, and say goodbye to disposable fashion that harms people and the planet. We’re a mission-driven company with strong values centered around sustainability and equality, and a team culture that supports you while giving you the freedom to work from wherever you are.
Design is baked into our company DNA — one of our founders is a designer, and the other was an artist before she became an entrepreneur. We believe that great design is far more than simply a beautiful interface — the words we use and the way to talk to our customer deeply impact the service and the business itself.
As a UX Writer at Tradesy, you will work with the Product Design team to distill complex systems into clear, concise user experiences across our mobile apps and desktop product experiences. You will define the voice, tone, and usability of written content in these experiences, working collaboratively with designers and cross-team stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the daily execution of writing tasks, planning and reviewing work with product, design and engineering stakeholders and communicating about the status of your ongoing work.
You’ll be a great fit for the role if you’ve demonstrated success in similar roles, write with empathy for our users and enjoy a highly collaborative environment.
- Write clear, concise interface copy for mobile apps and desktop product experiences.
- Define the voice, tone and usability of content across our product experiences.
- Work directly with product designers to distill complex systems into clear, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- Wireframe copy and content solutions.
- Write new and edit existing copy with input from cross-team stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively on new feature development, naming conventions, user flows, and product logic.
- Establish and contribute to style guides and own the shared nomenclature of our product experiences.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to validate the performance of written content in our product experiences.
- Actively participate in the Product Design team, shaping the way we work together and grow as a team.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX Writer or Content Strategist in a consumer facing role.
- Experience working with product designers and product managers to craft specs and final designs.
- Knowledge of latest design tools such a Figma.
- Experience crafting content for every step of a user journey, such as error states, tool tips and call to action copy.
- Experience defining and iterating on style guides.
- A portfolio of writing samples that showcase your best work.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, speaking and presenting.
- Empathy for user needs and an ability to write to meet those needs.
What to expect:
Apply through our website www.tradesy.com or any affiliate job boards and
- You will receive a confirmation email
- If we don't feel you meet the requirements for this position we will send you an email
If we think you meet enough of our criteria, one of our in-house Recruiters will reach out to schedule an introductory call
- Competitive salary: Commensurate with skill set, experience and the position.
What you made at your last job should not dictate your worth. Tradesy is committed to a Basic Living Wage threshold and holds its own $50k Minimum Wage Standard for entry level positions
- True Opportunity for Growth - we don’t believe in time served or waiting for your manager to get promoted or leave. Carve out your own path, at your pace - there’s room at the top for all of us.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits- several options for Company Paid Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug and Vision Plans. Tradesy pays 100% of the premiums for individuals - great discounts if you want to add spouse/children/families
- Wealth Benefits: 401k option and Equity (stock options) because every employee should be an owner
- Flexible Paid Time Off We coordinate with each other to make sure work and play find a healthy balance.
- Celebrate Diversity Paid Holiday Program a combination of set and floating Company Holidays - so you can choose the days most meaningful to you
Designated Paid time off to serve (Jury Duty) and VOTE as well!
- Mentorship opportunities - grow within your field, gain valuable skills and experience in a new one or become a change agent for those around you - all on Company time
- Paid Parental Leave - for Moms, Dads and everything in between
- Remote Friendly Office - Work from the place that best works for you
- Flexible Working Hours - night owl? Got kids/pets/family obligations? We value your output, not the clock
- Virtual company-wide happy hours, Product demos, support groups and team events. Philanthropy and community outreach too. We are constantly finding news ways to stay meaningfully connected in this virtual world
- Monthly Technology Reimbursement - $100 per month (tax free!) to help you stay connected and in touch