Lead UX Designer
About The Opportunity
If you want the next phase of your career to be something truly transformative for you and your organization, you need to think beyond what day 1 at your new job looks like.
We're building the next generation of our residential real estate experience, used by millions of home buyers as they work with 45,000+ real estate agents to turn their housing dreams into reality. Buying a home can be hard, stressful, and confusing at times. With your help, we will modernize how consumers and agents work together to buy and sell homes. Just being real, an opportunity like this does not come around very often. With your help, our site will become one of the top real estate search portals in the United States & Canada.
eXp World Holdings, Inc (NASDAQ: EXPI) acquired the Showcase IDX product and team in August 2020, and the entire founder-led startup team has eagerly stayed on board to tackle this ambitious goal on this highly visible project. Showcase IDX remains a separate entity from eXp, so you'll enjoy a fast-paced startup environment backed by a large public company without the annoying parts of each. Our team is fully-remote and at the beginning of a big new mission, as we look to redefine how people find and buy homes on a national and eventually international scale.
Here's what your first year is all about:
- Lead a project to establish the toolchain that UX will use to manage the UX design process from research through to wireframing and handoff to development.
- Lead a project to establish our UX library (UI, UX, and components), resulting in a unified experience across the platform that is available as a library for product and engineering, enabling rapid iteration in UX design and front-end implementation (HTML/CSS/JS) across multiple platforms (apps).Create a unified experience across the entire customer journey that is contextual, useful, and beautiful.
- Assist with rapid prototyping, at appropriate levels of fidelity, to help elicit early feedback from product and customer research sessions and surveys.
- Own the UX research and design process for key new roadmap projects. Ensure designs are cleanly handed off to development for implementation.
- You'll create beautiful and compelling interactive experiences, and take responsibility for the full design life-cycle.
- You use your intuition and insights from user research to explore and present innovative and pragmatic design solutions that focus more on solving high level problems than having a feature for its own sake.
- You have lots of great ideas and love iterating based on critical feedback.
- In this role you will be ideating with the product team and CEO, developing original design concepts, bringing best practices to an evolving design process, and providing engineers with the resources and documentation they need to realize designs across web and native platforms, desktop, tablet, and mobile form factors.
- You are looking for a rare opportunity to be mentored by and work alongside a team that has been strategic and tactical leaders in marketing, operations, and brand storytelling, across multiple industries from start-up to over $500M annual revenue.
- You love a challenge.
- You are resourceful and creative to find solutions.
- Big goals don’t scare you – they inspire you.
- You are driven by serving others to make them successful and help them have a great customer experience.
- Your best day is seeing your team deliver and achieve amazing results.
- You relish the opportunity to work with a product team, marketing team, customer success team, and customers to ensure a surprisingly awesome customer experience.
- You ask a lot of questions and love spirited yet professional debate, knowing it improves outcomes.
- You are motivated by creating your own path to deliver value and take full advantage of personal empowerment.
- You have a bias towards action.
- You’re programmed to take the initiative to ask questions, learn, and get things done. You possess superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the people’s true objectives.
- You are resourceful, scrappy, and creative — if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you go figure it out and build it for the whole team to use.
- You are comfortable with data, ambiguity, and speed.
- You relish the opportunity to work from anywhere.
- You’re not afraid to fail. In fact, you look forward to the learning and growth that happens when you get something wrong and you quickly incorporate the learnings into action.
- You are a detail-oriented, results-driven, self-starter, with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative that this remote role requires. You think of yourself as a nice person most of the time.
- Deliver elegantly-simple solutions to the right problems - defined by qualitative and quantitative insights and data on web and mobile
- Design. Test. Iterate: Transform complex ideas into amazingly simple products.
- Create wireframes and flows to define features.
- Rapidly test hypotheses to validate and refine your concepts and improve your designs.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- Create a unified experience across the entire customer journey that is contextual, useful, and beautiful.
- Work closely with teammates to design a product that people searching for homes can't believe they never had and can no longer live without.
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users more than anyone else in the company - both the emotional needs and the functional needs
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Help ship amazing features: Work with team members in the product and engineering groups through the product development lifecycle to stay ahead of issues and make sure projects are delivered to your specifications and on time. Track key success metrics to inform future feature development.
Realistically, proven experience at a hyper-growth company would significantly help you in this role. We're looking to dramatically grow our team in 2021 and your experience and demonstrated ability to provide leadership while working with a new and fast-growing team will be critical to our success. You’ll be at the center of the conversation about how to make eXp’s new national home search experience take eXp Realty to new heights.
People You'll Work With
- We are a highly collaborative and cross-functional organization. As you pursue your objectives and Showcase IDX’s goals, you will be working closely with:
- Alan Pinstein - VP of Product & Strategy
- Spondon Hazarika - Product Manager, Consumer Experience, Residential Real Estate Portal
- Scot Bohl - Product Manager, Agent Experience, Residential Real Estate Portal
- Phil Mercurio - Front-End Team Lead
- Scott Lockhart - CEO
- Kurt Uhlir - CMO
- We believe that delivering value outweighs how many hours you work or where you work. Balance is essential as you're not going to be productive if you're burned out. We provide a flexible work schedule, extremely generous vacation, a relaxed work environment, and opportunities for professional growth and development. Have the creative freedom for learning, experimenting, and responsible risk-taking in a startup-like environment.
- Work closely with a small, talented team with a proven track record.
- Be a central part of a product team that will design and build the next generation of home search tools.
- Be part of a team & culture that attracts and retains great people through a motivating and rewarding environment. Have your work be seen and used by millions of people.
- Spend your day looking for ways to make people's lives better as they look for a new home, not simply creating boring wireframes for products that you really don't care about.
Our entire team works remotely and it's important to us that everyone on the team feels like they are part of the team regardless of where they live. To this end, we are very intentional about our culture, how we treat people, and how we get stuff done. We believe that our culture isn't what we say so much as what we do. This being said, we are committed to everyone on our team working together in a friendly, respectful, mission-driven environment. You could say we are drama-averse. We just don't have time for it. We have built a culture that we ourselves want to work in, where we can solve big problems and make an impact.
- As part of eXp World Holdings, we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option grant
- Fully-remote/distributed environment
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Flexible PTO
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits including FSA401k with 4% company match
- Great company culture
- And more…