Senior UX Designer
Who We Are:
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consist of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
The UX designer will be the first UX hire at Sensor Tower. You will be responsible for improving the accessibility and affordances of Sensor Tower’s powerful mobile app market data. As our UX designer, you excel in data visualization, web design fundamentals, and data-driven design.
Sensor Tower has developed extremely powerful data measuring the performance of mobile apps, and our frontend web product has a huge amount of surface area. You will have a major impact on high visibility sitewide projects like navigation and new graphs. You will ultimately establish the UX function at Sensor Tower.
- Interview users about pain points and workflows on the Sensor Tower frontend product
- Conduct usability testing
- Create wire flows and sitemaps to help improve navigation and information architecture
- Design new graphs and data visualizations for new estimates generated by the Data Science team such as user spend across mobile app categories, adoption of mobile SDKs, geographic trends for app usage
- Generate mock-ups to hand off to the frontend engineering team
- 5-10 years of professional experience (preferably with a B2B or SaaS startup)
- College degree in Design or Human Computer Interaction (HCI) preferred
- Familiarity with analytics tools like Amplitude and how that data can inform design problems
- Experience with design tools (we use Figma)
- Full-stack design experience, comfortable moving a project from Research to UX to UI
Why Join Sensor Tower?
We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 and Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021 by BuiltIn.
After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders.
We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
Sensor Tower's Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
We offer unlimited PTO, Health and Wellness stipends, flexible work hours, 401K, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
Our Covid-19 Specific benefits include: Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym, WiFi stipend, daily UberEats delivery stipend, and virtual team events.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.