Lead UX/UI Designer
We revolutionize Customer Service with Artificial Intelligence. Speed, passion and drive are the basis of our DNA. We put our customers at the center of everything we do, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global and diverse team driving long-term growth and innovation. We don’t like “not possible”. We like new ideas, open-mindness, honesty and we always bring an element of fun into our work. Join our team and be ready to change the world with us.
Some of our awards include: Insurance Disruptor of the Year, Impact Growth EU Tech of the Year, CCW Most Innovative CS Solution, Impact Diamond - Best InsurTech and many more.
We recruit, employ, train, and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, etc. We aim to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work.
As our Lead UX/UI Designer, you will be directly responsible for an outstanding customer experience of our product. You will know our users best and jointly with our cross-functional product teams solve the challenge of a meaningful human+AI experience.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Build and grow a team of designers: You hire, coach and develop people with the right skills and mindsets to form a complementary, highly productive and collaborative team where everyone enjoys contributing to the team’s mission. While we start small, you enjoy carrying out a lot of hands-on-work yourself
- Being the voice of our users in the development process: You have the overview of what your team of user experts discovered, you communicate insights and derive actionable plans. You work closely with the product and engineering leadership to ensure that we keep solving our users’ most relevant issues with the best possible solutions
- Being the owner of our design system: You drive the development of our design system forward to ensure that our developers can efficiently work on a consistent redesign of our software
- Create the experiences our users love: You take the ownership and drive the development and improvement of complex user experiences across our different product parts. You make sure that everyone knows what to do at the right time to create a seamless user experience
This is a permanent on-site position in Munich, Germany. We work remotely for the duration of the Coronavirus crisis, but will return to the office once the situation becomes manageable.
- Experience of leading designers and design processes for complex web-based experiences. SaaS experience is a plus
- Being empathetic and understand how to get the best out of people and form an excellent team
- Having an organizational talent, you can keep several balls in the air and still won’t miss a timeline
- A portfolio that proves exceptional UX and UI skills and great attention to detail. You are not afraid to apply these skills hands on while we are still growing our team
- A deep knowledge of design tools and methodologies. Experience with design systems is a plus
- Being passionate about design, you are curious and care deeply about user centricity
- You like staying up-to-date with industry trends, techniques and technologie
- Office located in the heart of Munich, in Marienplatz
- A chance to meet people from all over the world! (30+ nationalities)
- Weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Free gym membership with Urban Sports Club, including virtual classes
- Free German language courses
- Regular virtual company events such as Learning & Development workshops, weekly quizzes, cooking sessions
- Flexibility to work from the office or your home office
- A cosy start-up atmosphere with a chill room, table tennis, dart board