Staff UX Designer
As a UX Designer at Apollo, you’ll work closely with a team of PMs, engineers, and other functions from around the company to translate user needs into design work that is functional and appealing. Design at Apollo is still a relatively new function. You will play a role in helping to define the discipline, creating foundational components for our design system, and owning features from end-to-end.
What you will do
- You’ll report to the Director of Design and also closely partner with other company stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design and documentation for new components for Space Kit, Apollo’s budding design system.
- Lead the design of features and deliver high-quality work for the Education team by participating in user-research, writing product documents, creating low and high-fidelity design comps, and working with engineering teams to bring features to market.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Developer Experience (DX), and Marketing partners representing design at Apollo, providing and seeking feedback, and participating in planning.
- Collaborate with the Director of Design to define new processes that drive efficiency in working with the Communication Design organization.
- You have an excellent portfolio showcasing a strong foundation in typography, visual design and interaction design. Additionally, you have case studies that demonstrate the lifecycle of design and your impact.
- You have an excellent command of UX methods and best practices, such as creating user stories, journey maps, wireframes, etc.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can adequately explain design decisions and rationale grounded in design and usability principles, even to team members who do not share that background.
- You have experience working within and contributing to design systems and/or brand guidelines.
- You have experience embedding with cross-disciplinary teams and working directly with developers.
- You have experience designing for public-facing web tools (w/ a large user base), or equivalent experience working on complex end-to-end user workflows.
- You have experience designing for onboarding, learning, or education workflows.
- Bonus, but not required: you are familiar with frontend markup (HTML, CSS) and the overall technical aspects of building for the web.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.