Senior UX Healthcare Designer
RS21 is a leading data science and visualization company tackling humanity’s biggest challenges. With offices in Albuquerque, NM and Washington, D.C., we develop interactive, big data analytics and visualization solutions that connect people with the data they need.
RS21 employees enjoy competitive salaries, flexible schedules, professional development, PTO, health insurance, 401(k), casual dress, an open pet policy, birthday gifts, fun events, while working to solve complex problems in beautiful ways. RS21 is ranked as a 2020 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Top 50 Company by Fast Company.
RS21 is seeking a Senior UX Healthcare Designer with experience creating complex custom analytical tools for experts. Preference will be given to candidates with design expertise in any or several of the following health-related domains: Oncology, Genomics, Social Determinants of Health, Clinical Research.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in and proven abilities to execute and lead the following: Executive-level client engagement, product strategy, stakeholder and user research, information architecture, UX strategy, iterative UX design, information& info vizdesign, UI design oversight, user testing. A passion to drive creative UX innovation, proven confidence to project into the void, and excitement in uncertainty will be the keys to success in this challenging and impactful role.
If you have the skills to put together interactive prototypes or communicate effectively with developers and data scientists, that would be ideal. Your ideal type of squad consists of inventive developers, brilliant data scientists, curious data engineers, passionate UI designers, and other talented professionals working in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Scope, lead, manage and execute complex and challenging consultative client engagements and research efforts
- Lead product / UX research and design for comprehensive oncology integrated data platform
- Collaborate closely with project managers, data scientists, and Oncology Research & Genomics SMEs
- Streamline workflows and/or visual elements to influence and guide user behavior and interactivity
- Collaborate with fellow team members to keep up with trends and developments in big data, data science, information visualization, interaction design, AI, and AR/VR
- Contribute to RS21’s thought leadership
- Act as guide & mentor to UX design team and lead by example
- Master’s Degree + Continuing Education or Certification (or work experience equivalent) in Computer Science, UX, IA, HCI, Communication Design, Fine Arts, or related field
- 8+ years of professional design experience in the health sciences or for complex technical software
- Ability to work in a group or independently - Positive, self-motivated, optimistic, collaborative approach to creative problem solving
- Experience working in a rapid, consultative environment
RS21 is a dynamic, growing startup with 50+ employees doing great things, and we're looking for the right people to help move us forward. Our nine core values empower a culture of integrity, learning, taking risks, making a difference, constantly improving, and helping our team achieve a healthy work-life balance with flexible schedules and remote work options. As a testament to our exceptional culture, employees voted us a “Best Place to Work”.
RS21 believes a variety of viewpoints, experiences and ideas are at the core of true innovation. We are committed to attracting a diverse pool of candidates looking to join a team that places the highest value on collaboration, creativity, engagement, and honest exchange. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.