Content Strategy / UX writer
Hero: We Build Solutions to Healthcare's Hardest Problems
Hero was founded as the world’s most people-focused healthcare company, investing the time and effort required to create truly frictionless solutions to the hardest, most pervasive problems in healthcare. We’re starting with the largest universal yet avoidable cost to the US healthcare system: medication management.
In 2018 we introduced a groundbreaking hardware device that automatically manages, sorts, and dispenses an individual's entire pill regimen, and it transformed how people manage their health. Combined with app-based notifications, and our direct-to-door prescription fulfillment service, Hero has driven medication adherence to levels never before achieved in healthcare.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced UX Writer to help shape the tone and personality of the Hero product experience. As a UX Writer on the team, you will contribute to the end-to-end product experience, flexing your content and writing skills across the entire platform (Hardware and Software, Digital and Print). You will not only craft stellar copy along our member journey, but also drive strategic recommendations about the way our brand narratives can be applied for the different audiences, and across different touchpoints. The work involves close collaboration with UX, Product Managers, Brand & Marketing, Engineers, Regulatory and more.
Join us in bringing transformative healthcare products to market that improve the lives of millions!
- Use writing and editing skills to craft clear consistent content that facilitates engagement, learning and behavior change across the end-to-end experience, (Onboarding, in-app flows, core device experience, notifications, error messages, instructional materials, and more).
- Transform clinical jargon into simple, helpful, accurate, and empathetic content for patients, caregivers and clinicians.
- Shape the overall product language, ensuring a cohesive narrative across platforms and touchpoints
- Establish product writing guidelines and principles, as well as content processes and tools across functions.
- Identify smart effective ways to use data and research to evaluate and optimize content.
- Collaborate closely with UX, Product Managers, Member Experience, Clinical experts, Brand & Marketing, Regulatory and other stakeholders to help establish connective language and a unified voice.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, UX or equivalent practical experience.
- 4-5 years of experience writing user-focused content for a digital consumer product.
- Deep understanding of content, UX, and how they support business and brand strategy.
- Experience writing and testing content across multiple channels, including: mobile apps, devices, emails, notifications, user manual, and more.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and thrive handling multiple projects at once in an early stage environment.
- Proven ability of leading product tone, personality, and voice based on brand guidelines.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills; great attention to detail
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Experience with product writing for Healthcare / Wellness.
- Experience writing content across Hardware and Software, Digital and Print.
- Passion for behavioral science.
- Familiarity with localization and accessibility best practices.