ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a Digital Product Designer to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our team. We believe that great e-commerce design starts with understanding our customers. We always strive to put a user-centric emphasis on the entire design process. The ideal candidate is a passionate, motivated, and self-starting designer.
You are excited to work on a team focused on disrupting and leading the home furnishings industry. You are a true Product Designer and are comfortable sitting at the intersection of design and business strategy. You don’t just make things look outstanding, you design them to increase the growth of the business. You will balance an elevated brand experience with well-researched conversion-focused e-commerce design solutions. You understand the power of UX design and can roll up your sleeves and conduct user research. Likewise, you know how to design an industry-leading and customer-facing UI.
At our core, Interior Define is a people first company. We are committed to building and empowering a team that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive across all facets of individual identity; promoting collaboration, shared learning, and contributions to our respective communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Partner with product managers and stakeholders to understand business challenges and opportunities
- Create and iterate on users flows, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity final designs
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative research methods, design principles, and user testing to support and communication design decisions
- Work closely with engineers to understand feasibility and level of effort of various design options
- Close the loop with analysis and iterate on the process again if need be
- Share designs/solutions for feedback early and often
- Given that research is such a key part of our design practice, experience with user and usability testing and research is essential. We use many prototyping, design, and testing tools so the ability to learn and work across these platforms is a requirement.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- 2+ years of digital design experience
- Experience working with or a deep interest in e-commerce (particularly D2C brands)
- Motivated to design with the customer firmly in mind
- Excellent taste for art and design
- Strong visual design skills (you can just as easily design a homepage hero as you can a technical interface) and an extremely detailed eye
- Track record of designing and shipping customer-facing digital products
- Willing to take risks
- Able to create compelling design systems that scale
- Understand the power of combining user data and design
- Passionate about combining quant and qual data in to the ideation and analysis phases of the design process
- Proficiency with or willingness to learn how to use analytics tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionality
- Ability to work closely with an engineering team
- Ability to work 1:1 with front end developers and manage projects for development
- Ability to work within a product roadmap and contribute to the creation of the same
- Resourceful and self-reliant and able to solve complex problems and processes
- Excited about learning and further defining UX/UI design standards for the business
- Self-motivated and a positive team player
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the outlined requirements. We love meeting talented individuals who are excited about our brand and eager to grow in a startup environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Free white-glove delivery and a 100-day return policy are included with every order. Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly mental health day
- Paid parental leave
- 12 company holidays
- Life insurance
- Professional development allowance
- Phone and internet stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement
- 40% employee discount
- $1,000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount). Replenished every 2 years.
- Sabbatical program after 5 years of service
- Stock options