Throughline is seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our dynamic team in Washington, D.C.!
The ideal candidate is an energetic, self-starter with a passion for the power of visualization, creativity and design who will fit in among passionate, committed, intelligent, savvy, and fun professionals. This position is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a fast growing company and work with an influential team on a government site.
A Throughline Designer is extremely detail-oriented, organized, well-versed in the principles of strong design and has experience in the Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint; they possess an eye for both a government and commercial design aesthetic, and excel in information design and layout with the ability to create and develop visual responses to complex communications requirements.
Dazzle us! Send us your resume, cover letter and any portfolio materials or work samples.
This individual will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct front end analysis, interviewing, focus groups, requirements gathering.
- Use storyboarding, user scenario development, high-level use case definition, user and task analysis, to capture and develop user requirements, UI Templates and integrate elements into user interaction designs.
- Create, evaluate, and modify high and low-fidelity prototypes to support development process.
- Facilitate iterative testing of prototypes.
- Design highly usable interfaces for multiple channels.
- Design and develop usability testing plans.
- Responsible for development efforts for software enhancements, extensions, defect corrections and integration of features.
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
- Independently assess system performance against stated requirements.
- Generate and reviews documentation and provide written and oral feedback on system requirements, code level reviews and design, system design documents, critical design review, integration, testing and other key development activities.
- Apply Agile development methodologies for complex, state-of-the-art modules
- Review test results and evaluates for conformance to design.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with User Interface Design and Usability.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and be able to communicate effectively with various teams.
- Demonstrate ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address an issue and make a prompt and insightful decision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution.
- Possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- 5 or more years of UI Experience.
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration. The Candidate will have software development experience in some of the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate user-centered design principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces.
- Skilled in user & task analysis, user research techniques, storyboarding, information architecture and wireframing.
- Demonstrate written and oral communications skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and conceptual skills.
- Proficient at project management skills (e.g. project planning and estimating).
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.