Senior UX/UI Designer
Role: Sr. UX /UI Designer
Reports to: Head of Product
Location: Austin or Remote US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Deliver Technology for Human Sensemaking
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 25 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Sr. UX / UI Designer to join our growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your design skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Product teams to help define the overall design discipline at Anaconda
- Be a key partner in shaping our products by channeling the voice of the user, prototyping and validating initial concepts, and proactively iterating based on user feedback.
- Define testable hypotheses that are relevant to the business and design approaches to address general user experience and product marketing questions
- Conduct, perform, and evaluate quantitative and qualitative user and market research to help make informed product decisions – interviews, concept testing, usability studies, A/B testing, and/or multivariate testing
- Build and develop elements of our information architecture and product taxonomy
- Own end-to-end product design: from UX flows and wireframes, to clickable prototypes, to working closely with a very design-conscious front-end team to implement your designs.
- Contribute and build a library system of design concepts, language, and patterns that will allow engineers to focus on product-level problems, ship high quality work efficiently and evolve company standards.
- Facilitates communication amongst product stakeholders, management, and executives to maintain alignment and awareness of current state of the experience and vision.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in User Experience Design
- Bachelor Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or related fields
- Innate ability to understand very complex systems and distill them into clean and elegant solutions.
- Strong background in user research and usability testing
- Deep understanding of user-centered interaction design and information architecture
- Experience utilizing data to guide design decisions and work towards online conversions
- Direct experience working at a software product company as a member of agile teams, building, iterating and launching great software products
- Proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment using agile methodologies
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Previous experience building SaaS product
- Experience converting from visitors, to users, to subscribers
- Platform as a service experience
- Technical user experience
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with CSS, HTML or similar technologies
- Previous experience in the data science/analytics/big data field
- Previous experience designing multi-sided marketplaces
- Previous experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Previous experience with OSS
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home Wednesdays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health fitness membership or reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.