Senior UX Designer
Top ten agency in the Pacific – 2019 Cannes Global Creativity Report
Grand Prix winner for Effective Innovation – 2020 WARC Awards
Best Design APAC and Sustainability Honouree – Fast Company 2020 Innovation by Design Awards
5 consecutive years of Effie wins – 2015 – 2019 Australian Effies
whiteGREY is a full-service creative tech agency. We are an unlikely union of specialist practitioners...a collision of perspectives that create the tension needed to spark extraordinary thinking.
We are part of WPP AUNZ who employ over 4,000 people across more than 60 brands in Australia, New Zealand and parts of South-East Asia. WPPAUNZ bring together the most creative minds, strategic thinkers and technology capabilities, to reshape and support the future of business and the public sector.
At whiteGREY we pride ourselves on creating extraordinary experiences for the people we are designing for, and we believe the best experiences come from resolving the toughest tensions. We use a combination of analysis and user research to help find these tensions, and our Senior UX Designer will be key in both finding the tensions, and then working out how to resolve them.
You will be tasked with leading the UX and experience design for a range of client projects and new business pitches. The role will be varied, from being the design lead on a major creative tech/digital service design projects, to developing the UX for website/app projects, to reviewing & optimising the purchase funnel on a client’s site, and everything in between.
This is an autonomous role, as part of a small team with a strong connection to the technical team.
- Planning & running user research interviews (stakeholders and users), user testing.
- Gathering information from stakeholders including likes, dislikes, pain points, project fears and success criteria to develop strategic documentation to inform design phases.
- Gathering user requirements/user stories
- UX Development including creating personas, user journeys, Low fidelity prototyping & wireframing
- Develop IA structures and site maps
- Documenting learnings from the discovery phase of projects into a design brief to inform design and development
- Creating reusable template & component libraries
- Developing interaction design specifications
- Project Documentation & Delivery
- Optimisation and Updating of Existing Digital Platforms
- Experience Design Leadership acting as design lead on projects
- Planning the approach for projects & helping document in Statements of Work
- Being an active member of new business pitch teams
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in UX
- Previous experience with leading medium-large digital design projects (e.g. as UX or design lead on a large website)
- Demonstrable experience designing in a template & component model
- High proficiency with Sketch and/or Adobe XD, and InVision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of UX best practice principles and current trends
- Experience with user research, persona development, UX reviews, competitive analysis, collaborative sketching sessions (‘design jams’), prototyping, journey mapping, creating clickable prototypes
- Experience with selling your work into others – this could be in an agency/consulting environment, or internally in a client-side role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent presentation skills.
- Good team player, who is prepared to work collaboratively with others to generate the best outcome. Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables is a must
Above all, the perfect candidate is someone who has a strong work ethic driven by creative passion, positive energy and thrives on challenges, alongside a desire to grow with the company!