We’re hiring a UX Designer to work full-time remotely as a member of our Product team. Owl Insights is a cloud-based platform that helps clinicians measure, track, analyze and treat behavioral health disorders. Join us and help transform behavioral health treatment to improve patient and clinical outcomes. We are a venture-backed startup with funding from top investors as well as a growing customer base across the United States.
We are focused on delivering an integrated platform where patients feel comfortable sharing insights about their conditions to help clinicians better understand and treat them. As a key member of our Product team, it will be your responsibility to create compelling user experience workflows and interfaces that help our customers realize the value of our platform. We’re looking for someone with the ability to understand and empathize with our users through design best practices and help us deliver an engaging and thoughtful experience, which improves the delivery of behavioral healthcare.
- Work with the product team to define and implement the end-to-end user experience (navigation, interaction, and visuals)
- Conduct customer research to identify user goals and inform design strategy
- Create wireframes and prototypes to convey the desired user experience
- Design interfaces for a variety of platforms including smartphones, tablets and web browsers
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards. Ensure design standards are maintained throughout the development process.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Contribute to usability testing of wireframes and prototypes. Quickly collect and decipher feedback for rapid design iteration. Use data to inform direction.
- Work in partnership with product and engineering to deliver the desired experience.
- Work with Product Owner and Stakeholders to elicit visual requirements, detailed workflows and to design user experiences
- Work with our team and customers to deeply understand our customers through feedback sessions, workflow mappings, and user persona development
- Mastery of the principles of user interface design, usability, color theory, and typography
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a UX designer in a web application environment
- A strong online portfolio showcasing examples of your projects on desktop, tablet, & smartphones
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage your work so you can meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI and UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team with the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with other disciplines such as engineering, sales, and customer success
- Proficiency in prototyping design tools such as Axure, Proto.io, Sketch, Zeplin
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS and responsive design a plus
- Work remotely (West Coast based preferred, but not required)
- Meaningful, creative work that positively impacts people’s lives.
- Be part of a small team that enjoys working together to develop and deliver creative solutions.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your dependents.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This is a full-time, remote position.
Owl Insights is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.