About the Role:
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the 16,000+ eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
- Make an impact on our Product Design team by contributing to our growth, skillset, and the maturity of our processes.
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional peers including Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, Merchant Success, Support, and Sales.
- Generate, test, and validate solutions to real customer problems
- Create wireframes and other design artifacts necessary to convey your solutions to internal stakeholders
- Create contemporary and attractive UI in prototypes that clearly illustrate function, look and feel, and detailed interactions
- Gather, evaluate, and define product requirements alongside Product Managers
- Build prototypes and tests that enable you to learn fast, iterate, and improve your solutions
- Be an advocate for design and user experience to internal stakeholders
- Be an advocate for accessibility and build it into every experience you create
- 2-5 years working in UX/UI or a Product Design role.
- 2+ years designing customer experiences in native mobile applications or for mobile/responsive web.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or other related field; or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of user-centered design process, web best-practices, and relevant disciplines; including information architecture, interaction design, visual design, mobile/responsive design, and design systems.
- Knowledge of native application design process and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to clearly articulate creative concepts and rationale, translate user and business needs into effective designs that drive user/business outcomes.
- Proficient at creating clickable prototypes that convey concepts and key interactions.
- Experience working with contemporary design applications (Figma)
- Ability to build relationships and communicate clearly with both business and technology partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Ability to own and deliver work within a project team and independently as required.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.