Here at Beyond, we are passionate about helping short-term rental owners and managers be successful. Backed by the world-class Bessemer Venture Partners, we have grown from a bootstrapped company of a few to the market leader in our category. We attribute our success to our belief that the people are the most important part of a business and our commitment to being a fantastic place to work.
We're now looking to add a UX/UI Designer to our growing team. Reporting to our Creative Director in the US, you'll have the opportunity to work on providing a meaningful experience to all our customers by working on both the User Experience and Interface of all of our products.
As our UX/UI Designer, you'll be responsible for:
- Evaluating and improving the effectiveness of our experiences across our suite of products
- Working cross-functionally with our PMs, designers, engineers, and marketers to help in making strategic product decisions
- Owning the design process from end to end, including: identifying problems, conducting research, ideating solutions, prototyping flows, and handoff of final designs
- Creating and implementing simple, easy experiences and interactions for complicated processes, producing high-impact solutions
- Communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs to stakeholders and other members of the team
- Developing and maintaining on-brand wireframes and specifications
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? The person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Empathetic: You both work to keep user needs at the forefront of your decisions and designs, as well as strive to ensure transparency of product decisions to our internal teams
- Curious: You proactively stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices
- Enthusiastic: You have a can-do attitude coupled with a desire to learn
- Collaborative: You enjoy exploring and committing as a team, you welcome others' ideas, and you value teamwork and team decision-making
Now that we've told you what the job looks like, here's what we're looking for in a candidate:
- 2 to 4 years experience working as a UX/UI Designer
- A clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux
- An artistic eye for design and the ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills
- A good understanding of the latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Having a business-minded approach to time, costs, and deadlines
Before submitting your application, please, make sure you have an updated portfolio of sample projects highlighting your previous designs for web-based applications!
We are passionate about cultivating a diverse team so if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every point on the job description, please apply anyway!
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses, and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner, and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints and believe that our ability to help short-term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.