Match Affinity is hiring a User Experience Designer to drive innovation through deep insights into the needs of singles within our community dating apps. You'll use generative and evaluative research methods in close partnership with Product Designers and Product Managers to identify new opportunities to improve the dating journey, validate product solutions, and help us design products that address the “why” for our users’ ambitions.
Match Affinity has some of the fastest growing dating apps: BLK, Chispa, and Upward, focused on serving their unique community groups. We are always trying to better serve our users and understand how they want to control their dating experience.
This role is fully remote and reports to the VP of Product as a part of the Product team.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will lead research initiatives that drive Match Affinity towards making dating delightful and rewarding for singles, using qualitative research methods.
- You will generate actionable insights to drive stakeholder decision making across the product org.
- You will communicate and document insights to create alignment across the product org.
- You will wireframe and design solutions that address the key learnings for further validation
We could be a match if:
- You have at least 2 years experience conducting UX Design or research
- You have experience with user interviews, user testing platforms, and UX best practices
- You have experience working with new products that do not have a existing comparison
- You are appreciative of Quantitative data as well as qual in creating a more complete picture of the problem space
What’s the team like?
- In this role, you’ll report to our VP of Product and work alongside product, design, and development professionals
- Our team is lean, resourceful, and scrappy - you'll be joining us as the sole researcher, allowing you a tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact in a space that is so fundamental to people's lives.
- Successful individuals on this team are self starters with the ability to prioritize their own work, empathetic and curious, are creative and flexible in their approach to answering questions, and are comfortable presenting to executive stakeholders.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.