Senior UX Researcher
Match is hiring a Sr. User Researcher to drive innovation through deep insights into the needs of singles navigating the complexity of dating today. You'll use generative and evaluative research methods in close partnership with Product Designers and Product Managers to identify new opportunities to improve the dating journey, validate product solutions, and help us understand the "why" behind quantitative data uncovered by our analytics team.
Match boasts more dates, more relationships and more marriages than any other dating business. Simply put, we change lives.
This role is fully remote and reports to the Director of Product Design & User Research as a part of Product.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will lead research initiatives that drive Match towards making dating delightful and rewarding for singles, using rigorous qualitative research methods.
- You will generate actionable insights to drive stakeholder decision making across the product org.
- You will communicate and document insights to create alignment across the product org.
- You will partner with Design and Product to make research an essential part of our practice and culture. (i.e. creating documentation on best practices, advocacy of methods, partnering and mentoring on tests run by design or PMs)
We could be a match if:
- You have at least 3 years experience conducting UX research, through a wide range of qualitative methodologies.
- You have experience leading research projects throughout the product development lifecycle in collaboration with cross-discipline stakeholders.
- You have experience working with certain quantitative methods including survey design and statistical analysis.
- You are appreciative of Quantitative data as well as qual in creating a more complete picture of the problem space
- Bonus points if you have a Masters or PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Anthropology, Sociology, STS, or related technical field.
What’s the team like?
- In this role, you’ll report to our Director of Product Design & User Research and work alongside product, design, and development professionals
- Our team is lean, resourceful, and scrappy - you'll be joining us as the sole researcher, allowing you a tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact in a space that is so fundamental to people's lives.
- Successful individuals on this team are self starters with the ability to prioritize their own work, empathetic and curious, are creative and flexible in their approach to answering questions, and are comfortable presenting to executive stakeholders.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.