Senior UI/UX Designer
CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re disruptors, innovators, and doers who aren’t afraid to challenge what’s possible.
At Bright Machines, our mission is to change the speed, scalability, and flexibility of manufacturing. We bring software-defined intelligence down to the factory floor and enable our customers to modernize their manufacturing operations effortlessly.
Working at Bright Machines is an opportunity to be part of a growing team that enables anyone to build anything, anywhere. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the platform that will define the next generation of manufacturing, we’d love to speak with you.
Let’s disrupt an industry. It will be fun!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Design at Bright Machines works closely with Product and Software Engineering to solve the complex and interesting challenges of automation in manufacturing. The problems we address on a daily basis provide a unique mix of interesting but rewarding technical and user interaction challenges – from the complex software deployment workflows to physical interactions with our robots and the software that drives them.
As Senior UI/UX Designer at Bright Machines, you will help define the experiences, interfaces, and design systems driving the user experience of our software-driven manufacturing solutions. You will be joining a small but dedicated team of talented UI and UX Designers reshaping the manufacturing industry.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with our software engineering, product management and branding teams in solving complex problems – streamlining workflows and manufacturing automation. You will work closely with our users to understand their needs and conduct user research interviews and user testing sessions to validate design decisions. You will be in charge of translating needs and requirements into experience and design proposals in the form of storyboards, wireframes, visual layouts, etc. You will work with our users to help identify the problems to be solved. In this role you will find a unique opportunity to positively impact the work of next-generation manufacturing industry professionals around the world – solving interesting, challenging and rewarding design challenges.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Leading the user interface design of our software products – creating user flows, interfaces and specs – and continuing to develop, maintain, and evolve our design system
- Collaborating with Product, Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Field Operations to create solutions to the challenges our users face on a daily basis
- Helping to identify user pain points and to define features to solve for them
- Translating product requirements and UX proposals into detailed interfaces, workflows and prototypes
- Participating in and leading user feedback sessions to help inform design and product decisions
- This role is a hybrid UI/UX role with an emphasis on UI and interaction design
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 8+ years of designing interfaces and interactions for digital products
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI or other relevant degree – or comparable experience
- A deep understanding of Design fundamentals – typography, color, contrast, grid systems, etc. A keen sense of when to make the rules, and when to break them
- Experience defining effective and accessible Design Systems – how all of the parts work together – beyond individual views and screens
- Agility in working through ambiguity – you aren’t afraid of confronting uncertainty, identifying and defining users’ needs, and building something out of nothing
- A healthy balance of pragmatism and the ideal - you recognize gaps that need to be filled and can balance functionality, usability and innovation
- An eagerness to hear our users – collect feedback, understand problems, and work with our users to create practical and pleasant design solutions that solve our users’ problems
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience with projects involving 3D graphics, CAD, 3D visualization, 3D interactions or similar applications
- Fluency with Figma and its component system
- Working knowledge of web technologies and accessibility guidelines
WHO YOU ARE
- You are customer obsessed
- You believe in the power of a team, diversity of thought, and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments, and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage, and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR CAREER
You’ll be challenged and will grow from solving problems that will have real-world customer benefit. You’ll be encouraged to find creative and innovative solutions that have never been built.
We strike a balance between celebrating team success and a focus on individual growth. Paired with the best minds in the industry, your contributions will be impactful and significant as we disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.
Come join us.