At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is seeking a User Experience Researcher to play a hands-on role in realizing WHOOP’s vision, working side-by-side with designers, product managers, UX writers, and fellow researchers to proactively uncover insights through a deep understanding of member needs.
As a User Experience Researcher at WHOOP, you’ll have the opportunity to think and act creatively with a bias for action and play a critical role in creating motivating, accessible & inclusive experiences. You’ll work with stakeholders across functions and levels and have impact at all stages of product development. This person will explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, and usability testing.
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, UX Writers, collaborative stakeholders, and other UX Researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Deeply understand the experience of members, be able to measure their experience across touch points, and identify opportunities and methods to improve the quality of their experience
- Identify and communicate research goals, set research strategy, create and implement research plans and scripts
- Plan and execute evaluative and exploratory research studies, such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, and usability testing
- Understand and incorporate technical and business requirements into research
- Use storytelling to advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- A portfolio with case studies showcasing research studies you have delivered with demonstrated impact
- 2-5 years of experience working as a UX Researcher conducting user research for software products, preferably focusing on internal tools
- Experience with common research tools and methodologies (e.g. User Interviews, Optimal Workshop, ethnographic studies, affinity mapping, etc)
- Experience collaborating with Product Managers and Product Designers
- Vibrant and engaging storyteller with strong communication and presentation abilities to all levels of the company
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced startup-like environment
- Curious and passionate about the fitness and wellness space
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility