Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced user experience designer that loves to focus on systems thinking. You have built visually appealing, accessible and delightful design systems that are mobile-enabled and delight users. You do everything possible to ensure the patterns and details of our page layouts are optimized for the highly technical user-based. You are passionate about supporting scalable and reusable design patterns to support the design, product, and engineering team.
Strong: Our product is powerful and our people are empowered to thrive.
Precise: Pinpoint IT needs and delivers exactly what is needed.
Intelligent: Well-informed creative thinkers who build smart and nimble products.
Simple: Do what needs to be done, anytime, anywhere, and in real-time.
Balanced: A stable and balanced foundation from which to build and operate from.
Voltaic: The air is electric with possibilities and the potential for brilliance.
What You Will Do
- Lead and contribute to the ongoing design and implementation of our design system.
- Continually maintaining the design system by critically analyzing elements, patterns and layouts and gathering feedback from fellow designers and developers.
- Extend the themes to apply a light theme.
- Build and maintain medium branded and low fidelity libraries for designers.
- Work to ensure the design system is upheld and design philosophy maintained.
- Teach, engage and support a design culture by documenting best practices and
- A pragmatic and thoughtful approach to lean implementation of new patterns.
- Support front-end engineers with nuanced animation and interaction adjustments and promote a clean, simple, branded UI experience.
- 5 or more years of UX design experience, focused on desktop and mobile-enabled design systems
- Proficient background with HTML/CSS
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Ability to leverage the design system and build cultural adoption and passion for UX and design
- Design skills in Mac shop and ability Adobe Creative Suite, Figma. Expert knowledge of Figma a plus for the design library.
- Continually upgrade the design system with respect to Figma’s latest feature releases that seek to improve product design workflowsAbility to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude and an excellent workshop and team facilitator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Proven teamwork skills, pragmatic and adaptable
- Ability to actively listen to others
- Ability to adjust work schedule as needed
- Ability to work with multiple priorities
- A Collaborator: You work better in a team and will encourage others to pair with research and insight as the company scales to remove bias as much as possible
- Customer Obsessed: You demonstrate customer fluency by advocating their needs, understanding their friction, and have the urgency to solve their problems.
- An Extraordinary Communicator: Communication is the key to success. Regardless of your level or position, you treat people and their opinions with respect. You are able to be concise, articulate, and honest in the delivery of your message.
- Humbly Courageous: Learn through a willingness to fail, correct, and move on.
- Innately Curious: The status quo is not for you. You are inquisitive and remain open to new ideas and points of view. You seek to understand the ‘why’ and understand the how to our business.
- A Thoughtful Decision Maker: Ability to make tough decisions by identifying the root cause and applying second-order thinking.
- And Highly Impactful: Results speak louder than words and you have the drive and resilience to rapidly shifting priorities to meet business objectives.
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive
compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and
benefits for all full-time permanent employees.
● Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life
insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k), and more. Automox
has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all
● Parental Benefits: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
● Time off: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
● Perks: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no
● Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the
position we are hiring for. We start at the midpoint of the range and move up or down from there based on a person's skills, experience, and location all of which impact where someone might come in on the range.
-$99,000 - $114,000 - $127,000
● All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance
and individual contributions.
● Stock options
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.