Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our growing design team. You will collaborate closely with stakeholders, user researchers, designers and engineers in designing web and mobile experiences across our online tools. We are growing the company and the design team quickly which means there is room for input, personal growth and opportunity. We are a culture of collaborators with a learning mindset, we have no room for personal egos. Culture is as important as content, we are building the design culture that makes us love our jobs.
What you will do:
- Responsible for UI/UX design across web and mobile
- Implement design patterns and elements which work best for different workflows and types of information
- Responsible for typography, color, layout, graphics, visual effects, imagery, iconography, texture, mood
- Work with user researchers to translate storyboards, wireframes and requirements into visual designs for web and mobile
- Employ a user-focused mindset to advocate for the user throughout the design process
- Contribute to our design system and enforce visual design consistency
What you bring:
- BA degree in Design or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience designing for web and mobile
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, Figma or similar tools
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, detail oriented and receptive to feedback
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.