Senior UX Designer
Visible Alpha is transforming the way Wall Street firms collaborate on research, financial models and corporate access events by providing breakthrough tools for discovery, analysis and valuation. Visible Alpha has a growing client base with $17 trillion in AUM, more than 600 research providers contributing content and over 500 employees globally. The company is backed by some of the largest banks in the world, including Banco Santander, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citi, Exane BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Jefferies, Macquarie Group, Morgan Stanley, Royal Bank of Canada, UBS and Wells Fargo.
Sr. UX Designer
We are seeking a talented and versatile Senior UX Designer to step in and immediately contribute to new product development and customer experience initiatives, as well as lead a range of user testing activities. We are at a critical juncture of the company’s success, where design is central to elevating our client’s experience to the next level. Your involvement will be crucial for propelling Visible Alpha’s product experience significantly forward. The role will report to the Director of Product Design, and the team sits within the Product Management organization.
- Learn quickly: Visible Alpha’s product is a data- and analytic-intensive SaaS that helps investment analysts discover, explore, and investigate unique investment opportunities. You will need to dig into the site experience, understand the underlying information architecture, and understand who and what we are designing for, in a short amount of time.
- Collaborate on new initiatives: Work with the product design team to craft new customer experiences, workflows, and solutions that are based on consistent experience architectures and design systems. Ensure key internal stakeholders from the product, development, and business teams are actively participating in the design process and interactive workshops, to get solid experiences for our customers to the market.
- The support design team needs: Take on other user experience initiatives and activities that the product team is actively engaged on, including feature development and enhancements, design system needs, prototyping, and user research and validations.
- Own your work: Be responsible for driving the design process, by establishing clear personal timelines and deliverables,
- scheduling a variety of team and leadership reviews, constantly receiving feedback and iterating on your work, getting your
- solutions validated with customers and ensuring that the quality of product experience remains intact through development.
- Test your designs: Ensure the experiences you’re designing works for our clients, by testing and validating your designs at key stages throughout the product design and development program. Make sense of the findings and turn them into recommended actions for iteration and improvement.
- Present your work: Present your work through its evolution to the product design team for internal critique, partners in the product, business, and engineering groups, senior management, and clients for validation. Step through your work, present your rationale, listen to critique and feedback, communicate your next steps.
- Jump into a fika: We enjoy each other’s company, over coffee, tea, or otherwise. We like to share and discuss ideas and concepts in design and product, and we enjoy more casual conversations over fika. You should too.
- 5+ years of experience in UX or Product Design
- Experience driving the design of a key feature set through the design process, from concept through user testing to market
- Expertise in Sketch and prototyping tools such as Axure, UXPin, etc.
- Experience participating in user testing and validation activities,
- prototyping, and leading design workshops
- Experience with information architectures, modular experience architectures, and design systems
- Experience working in agile and scrum development environments
- Experience designing SaaS applications, data and analysis products, and financial services preferred.
- Passionate about the craft of design
- Rigorous in your work ethic and approach to design
- A quick learner can make sense of complex subject matter rapidly
- A clear communicator, able to explain complex concepts in simple terms to different audiences
- Flexible in your ability to receive feedback and translate it into design
- Entrepreneurial in your approach; You know there are many paths to achieve desired outcomes