UX Design Lead
Are you an experienced web / app designer interested in flexing your skills with a rapidly-growing, YC-backed, Series B company?
If you’re a UX Design Lead who has a real passion for phenomenal user experience design and an exceptional eye for detail then, you’ve come to the right place!
Sheertex makes the strongest pantyhose in the world. Don't just take our word for it—in 2018 we were named one of TIME's "Best Inventions"! Tens of thousands of customers have already been wowed by our growing range of products, from our bestselling Classic Sheers to our Reversible Crew Socks to Everywear Masks. We are a company that prides itself on using technology to advance a once stagnant industry. Through our initial start of creating a fiber that the hosiery industry had never used before to our ongoing push to automate our manufacturing processes; the journey of Sheertex has a common thread of striving to be innovative in our use of technology. Even our method of selling direct-to-consumer through our online channels was uncommon in the hosiery industry, and is just another way Sheertex does things a little Differently.
As the UX Design Lead, reporting to the Senior Manager, eCommerce, you will design and optimize our eCommerce experience, from landing pages to carts and all the way through to checkouts. You will help build concepts and designs for A/B tests, design for SEO / content optimization, design within our brand guidelines and help influence and adapt our digital brand standards.
What you can expect in the first 1-3 months: As you familiarize yourself with the company, culture and pace, you will begin leading projects through implementation and iteration and create user-centric informed designs by integrating user research, data, and user testing processes.
What you can expect in the first 3-6 months: now that you own every aspect of the design process through ideation, definition, exploration, and execution, you will develop guidelines and style guides that will help you scale design vision throughout Sheertex’s brand.
- Design informative architecture for new and existing pages and flows — show us wireframes, site maps, what goes where and why;
- Define user interactions and our responses — when do shoppers need to press a button? When will they want to? And how can we put our best foot forward through our responses?;
- User interface design — are you surprised? We're an apparel company. Everything you design must look pretty, stylish, and above all else strong and simple;
- Iteration, iteration, iteration — we want to run a whole bunch of A/B tests. Let's call out experiments and our team will make it happen;
- Obsessively QA developed software and provide detailed feedback on why certain designs worked and didn't work;
- You will create end-to-end checkout experiences and web-based designs that are responsive on mobile and desktop devices;
- Distilling complex user flows and interfaces to a simple user-experience;
- Creating merchandised and personalized pricing pages with robust search and filtering functionality;
- Support new product launches via designing the customer purchase and onboarding experience;
- Researching pain points and opportunities in our current experience — with empathy maps, competitive analysis, user interviews, you name it!
- 3+ years experience of UX on eCommerce or marketplace products;
- Experience with web and responsive design;
- Fluent with visual design and wireframing tools e.g. Figma, Axure, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop;
- Experience with visual hierarchy, feedback, basic typography, color theory, and page layout concepts;
- Understanding of accessibility standards and how this affects design;
- Minimum UI design skills demonstrable through a portfolio of previous projects;
- Take a data-driven approach to UI/UX design and know how to use data to inform design decision and A/B testing;
- Are extremely collaborative and like working with cross-functional teams;
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Must be a team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. Must be passionate, independent and have strong management skills.
- Applied experience in user experience design;
- A keen eye for detail, as you will be the first (and hopefully last) line of QA your work will need;
- An interest in helping sell revolutionary, sustainable products to people all over the world;
The retail industry is notorious for its lack of diverse representation, and we're very aware of the research showing that women and other historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria.
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway!
We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at Sheertex.