Senior UX Designer
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
At Contrast, we make application security smart and simple for software teams. But simple is not easy, and the struggle is real. We are looking for a highly experienced UX designer for our Serverless product that analyzes software functions and access permissions for security issues. If you are a design thinker who loves security analysis, storytelling through data, onboarding new users, learning fast, and advocating strongly for simplicity and user needs, this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Lead design research efforts to understand problems or surface opportunities for our users, who are security experts and software developers. Translate insights into action.
- Model the user experience from rough to refined, using sketches, flows, concepts, prototypes, and annotated wireframes. Participate in storymapping and defining or grooming user stories
- Seek internal and external design reviews to refine your thinking.
- Create, run, and analyze usability tests on the existing product or high-fidelity designs and prototypes
- Always collaborate. You know how to work well with product designers, Agile development teams, and product managers. You are an equal partner to drive the direction and success of your product.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of UX design experience that includes enterprise products and a lead role. Brand or consumer product design alone is not sufficient.
- Solid experience in methods for user research, design thinking, and UX design
- Strong storytelling skills. You can clearly present the user’s point-of-view to your teams and other stakeholders.
- Expertise with design tools to visualize your work, including Miro and Figma.
- Sketching or drawing ability to quickly communicate ideas
- Attention to detail and well-developed problem-solving skills
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates design thinking in action. Please include access to this in your application or we cannot consider you.
- BS/BA in art, design, human computer interaction (HCI), information science, or related field
- Quantitative research experience, including user analytics in Pendo or similar products and survey methods.
- Experience designing DevOps, security, or other enterprise software that fits into development lifecycles
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
- A fun and dynamic environment where you work with other like minded people on products which make a real difference to the security of our customers
- Healthcare packages
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.
* We could support remote work in most states except CO.