Our mission is to unlock the power of data for good. Millions of people across Japan use and trust our apps every day. Our financial data platform, Moneytree LINK, enables individuals and businesses to share their confidential financial information with trusted third parties, such as financial institutions and fintech service providers. Our technology is used by major banks, accounting software companies and fintech companies in Japan, including Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Mizuho Financial Group, TKC and Yayoi, and other 70 enterprise clients. Our apps are also used and trusted by millions of individuals.
We are looking for an experienced UX researcher to join our team. You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products. You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. These responsibilities also include inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the Product team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
- Plan user research based on business requirements in order to identify customer needs and pain points
- Conduct user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Perform usability studies with consumers.
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyze data.
- Use a diverse set of UX research tools.
- Five or more years of UX research experience
- Understanding of human-centered design approach
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with remote testing tools
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
- Fluent level Japanese skill and business level English skill
- Full time role, working remotely from anywhere in Japan
- Communication allowance in accordance with Japanese labor law
- Health and social insurance support
- Employee stock option program participation
- Referral bonus 250,000 JPY per successful hire
- Communication allowance (10,000 JPY/month)
- Remote work allowance (3000 JPY/month)
- 20 days paid leave per year
- 10 days sick and care leave per year
Director of Design