Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvented strength training, making it more efficient, more effective, and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating beautiful and inspiring product design for a multi-platform home fitness product. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product and user experience development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills and own an area of the Tonal product design experience.
What You Will Do
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and other stakeholders to design the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as additional ongoing iterations
- Lead projects through design: take a “build to think” approach by sketching and iterating to get teams moving quickly
- Use a variety of user-centered design methodologies and deliverables. For instance, journey mapping, facilitating team brainstorms, participating in and synthesizing research, framework design, and prototyping
- Go beyond the requirements: think big picture about problems to first design the optimal user experience, and work with your team to deliver what works best for the time and technical constraints
- Make Tonal exceptional: Contribute ideas and features to the product roadmap based on your observed experience with Tonal, and from feedback/research/data from users
- Work across trainer and mobile platforms: Design for a hardware/software experience spanning two very different platforms, often tackling both within the same project
- Share designs with product and design leadership, iterating at a rapid pace with feedback from every discipline
- Give constructive and useful feedback to other designers to raise the bar for Tonal
Who You Are
- 5+ years relevant experience in the product design and UX design of digital products that have been released to the market
- Friendly, collaborative, and a team player above all else
- A high degree of self-awareness, ability to listen and integrate the ideas of others
- Proven ability to solve problems and design elegant solutions at a systems level
- Fluency in user-centered design methods and experience to know which to use when
- A compelling storyteller. Know how to frame a problem and share solutions that tackle it, keeping stakeholders on board and with you along the way
- A confident interaction designer, interested in finding simple solutions to complex problems
- A solid visual UX designer with a critical eye
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.