Lead UI/UX Designer
About the Job
We are searching for an onsite Lead UI/UX Designer to join our 17-person San Diego engineering team. In this role, you will help craft the experience and design of our web applications, with an eye towards efficiency and usability which means you’ll play an important part in growing and maturing our product. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture, continuous integration and a (potentially unhealthy) obsession with puppies and kittens (see below re: pet-friendly office!).
You’ll have a leg up if you’re passionate about healthcare and geek out on delivering an amazing and useful application.
As a Lead UI / UX Designer, you will:
- Apply your creative nature and visionary ways to the design of novel and existing web applications.
- Engage with users to perform usability research, working to identify workflow enhancements that will create more efficiency and improve performance.
- Serve as an advocate for users within our existing product and software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the rest of the San Diego crew to turn great ideas into awesome realities. You’ll lead the design team in taking initial concepts and requirements all the way through developer-ready designs.
- Interpret and translate user insights into concepts, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes.
- Improve design, usability, and engagement through the analysis and integration of front-end metrics.
- Mentor and nurture junior designers, supporting their personal and professional growth and development.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation, insurance, and a 401k with company match.
- Flexible work hours and days, including work-from-home opportunities.
- Community-oriented, distraction-free office in San Diego focused on innovative product development.
- Time dedicated to exploring new languages/frameworks and contributing to open source.
- A pet-friendly office. Please bring your dog.
- 19 PTO days per year.
You’re our dream candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of UI/UX web application development experience.
- Know how to manage projects—you’ve even led a number of large projects while coordinating between product and development.
- Mastered modern design tools. You could navigate Sketch, Illustrator, or Photoshop in your sleep.
- Consider yourself an HTML and CSS (along with preprocessors SASS/LESS/etc.) pro.
- Are an excellent communicator and have superb written and spoken communication skills (in English).
- Possess a strong understanding of usability principles.
- Are familiar with software development concepts and processes (e.g., version control, ticketing systems, Agile methodology).
Q-Centrix aims to measurably improve the quality and safety of patient care in the U.S. with the Q-Centrix is a leading healthcare solutions provider with offices in Chicago, Portsmouth, NH and San Diego, plus more than 800 clinical team members working throughout the country. Our team of smart, ambitious, and fun-loving professionals are 100% focused on helping hospital clinicians improve the quality of the patient care they deliver every day.
Q-Centrix LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.