Patchwork is Growing.
And we’re sure there’s room for you in this photo!
Backed by the Harvard Business Angels, partnered with the British Medical Journal and founded by former NHS Doctors, Patchwork is being brought to life by a talented and diverse team of designers, engineers, and implementers.
What we’re working on…
Here’s a quick video.
Patchwork connects Doctors directly with shifts. This is saving the NHS millions (and counting), makes healthcare workers happy and makes sure a doctor is there when you need one most.
You can think of Patchwork as a marketplace, one side Hospitals, other side Doctors.
- For Hospitals: Patchwork helps hospitals save massive amounts of money by automating repetitive tasks and connecting doctors directly with their vacant shifts (cutting-out expensive Recruitment Agencies).
- For Doctors: Patchwork enables doctors to join healthcare organisations that are local to them. They can browse available shifts, have relevant shifts recommended, book instantly and get paid on time.
“Surround yourself with people you like and make cool stuff with them.”
— John Green
Do your best work
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our growing product team where your work will be instrumental in moving Patchwork’s mission forward. This will be our first Product Design hire—a huge opportunity.
Key Responsibilities. You’ll be:
One day you'll be designing new iterations for the iPhone and Android apps or helping to redesign the Patchwork Hub which is responsible for more than 1million of hours worked by doctors who are delivering babies, mending hips, giving advice and making peoples’ lives a little bit better. Another day you might be embedded in marketing team to lead the design direction of our website.
You Should Apply If:
- You have excellent written skills that help you write succinct and punchy interface copy.
- You have a good knowledge of Sketch App.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned design decisions.
- You can show us a portfolio with detailed examples of beautiful interaction design.
- You have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals.
- You can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions.
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the Patchwork style.
- You are flexible; we’re a young startup and you’ll be working on lots of different fun things.