Senior UX Writer
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
We’re looking for a mission-driven UX Writer to join MainStreet’s growing Design team and bring clarity and personality to MainStreet’s product. As the first writer on the team, you’ll help build the writing practice from the ground up at one of the fastest growing startups out there. You’ll report directly to our Head of Design.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our Head of Design to define the content strategy for MainStreet’s product
- Craft UX writing guidelines and principles
- Leverage our brand guidelines to define the in-product voice and tone
- Own copy across the MainStreet product
- Help establish (and constantly improve) the collaboration process between UX Writers and other functions
What we’re looking for
- 4–5 years of experience (more senior candidates strongly encouraged to apply) of UX writing / content strategy at a tech company
- A portfolio showcasing your strengths as a UX writer (please include it in your application)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Design, Research, Product Management, Legal, etc.)
- A strong desire to improve our customers’ experience through clear, concise, and human-friendly copy
- Ability to explain your process and writing decisions to your cross-functional partners
- Familiarity with design tools (we use Figma)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.