Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
As a UX Designer at Viget you’ll help our clients research, plan, and launch complex digital experiences and compelling websites. Your work will include project discovery, user research, workshop facilitation, information architecture, content strategy, and wireframing.
In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
Our UX Designers:
- Lead teams in understanding complex systems and communicating those systems in ways that drive a better understanding of opportunities.
- Collaborate with their peers to design high quality digital experiences and websites.
- Never tire of using creative user research methods to gather critical insights about what users really need and identify strategic opportunities for our clients.
- Have an innate sense of – and strong opinion about – good usability when it comes to digital design. Are also able to clearly express their opinions in ways that build consensus.
- Understand established web standards and device affordances and are constantly educating themselves about digital design trends.
- Expertly present recommendations – to team members and clients, alike – on elements such as functionality, content, and navigation.
- Consistently meet deadlines and are considerate of clients’ project budgets and timelines.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics too.
In a given week, our UX Designers might be:
- Working with teammates to plan a productive project kickoff workshop with client stakeholders.
- Interviewing college library users to understand how they access digital library services.
- Heads down, deep in a complex spreadsheet, exploring ways to better organize site content.
- Pairing with a creative designer to define a design system for a new digital magazine.
UX Designers must also:
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with UX Design.
- Have an online portfolio or other example work you can share with us.
Design at Viget
- The design team at Viget has three roles that provide our clients with services ranging from brand strategy to product design:
- UX Designers specialize in crafting complex marketing sites, content sites, and e-commerce sites.
- Product Designers specialize in creating compelling digital products.
- Creative Designers specialize in making visually-rich experiences and sites for brands.
Viget is an award-winning, full-service digital agency on a mission to build a better digital world. Our team of ambitious, creative, hard-working people are committed to collaborating on challenging, innovative, and meaningful work for inspiring clients like ESPN, AdCouncil, and the World Wildlife Fund. We’re a rare software shop known for prioritizing clean code as much as good design. If you join, you can expect project variety, professional growth, influence on our future (and yours), and teammates who care. More than half our team has been here for 5 years or more — well more than the industry average — which we think is a pretty good success metric. In addition to our collaborative culture, we offer employees competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using the form below. Our recruiters, Erica and Margaret, will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Erica and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience level: Mid-senior