At Sparrow Ventures, improving people’s quality of life through innovation and working together with colleagues who love what they do is what gets us up every morning.
As a venture builder and growth equity investor, it is our people, our unique culture and way of working that unites us in growing ideas into companies and investing in promising startups. As the innovation engine of the Migros Group, we focus on the most relevant trends and disruptions for the business community and society at large within the fields of eCommerce, LogisticsTech, Digital Health FinTech, and Happiness, Community & Lifestyle.
Both idealistic and pragmatic, we Sparrows are passionate and execution-driven entrepreneurs who are striving to make an impact. In our daily work, we love to tackle challenges, value collaboration and speed in execution and create an environment where no day is the same.
What to expect
The Sparrow Venture Operations consist of Venture Architecture, Product, Design, Growth and Tech - so Sparrow Ventures is a serious full stack corporate venture builder. We don’t work with freelancers or agencies in order to be truly customer-centric, agile, and lightning fast in building startups.
As UX/UI Designer you will be part of a young and dynamic team of Product Owners and UX/UI Designers who are highly motivated to create an impact. The typical areas of responsibility of a UX/UI Designer include co-leading discovery projects and executing on all parts along the venture building process:
- Execute end-to-end design efforts across all our platforms, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with Product Owners and Developers
- Build easy-to-use and beautiful web and mobile products that users will love
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, wireframes, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create screen designs and prepare its assets for our Frontend Developers
- Take full ownership of your work and the details required to ship a successful product
- Contribute feedback regularly towards improving our company and products
- Handle multiple projects at once as part of a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative team
- Degree in a design field or equivalent work experience
- A portfolio of amazing interface designs with a “wow!” factor that shows how you think, not just what you’ve made - send us your link or add it to your resume
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, user research, prototypes, user testing, etc.
- Knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Softwares (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of mobile design patterns and guidelines for both Android and iOS
- Experience with print material and identity projects (branding, packaging, posters, stickers, etc.)
- Have a strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodology and user-centric development of digital products
- Collaborative, self-motivated, curious, and humble attitudes
- Fluency in English, fluency in German is a plus
- Full-time availability (explicitly: no part-time or freelance)
You are a superstar if you
- Are interested in the startup ecosystem and building new meaningful ventures from scratch
- Have experience with animation tools ( Principle, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro etc.)
- Understand No-code tools (Webflow, Squarespace etc.)
- Have experience running Design Sprints and other Design workshops
Based in the heart of Zurich, we have a flexible working culture topped up with regular team events and lunches.
We foster a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment where the best argument counts. Being highly dynamic and results driven, we have a “move fast and break things” culture, here for the fame and glory of what we have built. Most importantly, we have fun on the way.
Applications that have been submitted by email or private messages can’t be considered. For any specific questions on our openings, please contact us via the contact form on our webpage. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Sparrow Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information, please refer to our EO Policy on our careers page.