UI Design Intern
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare and ranked #170 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies.
SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
WELL’s UX team is seeking a UI Design Intern for the summer. This role has potential to be promoted into a Junior UI Designer position based on performance at the end of the internship. You will work under the direction of our Senior UX Designer. This internship is paid and will be fully remote. You will gain invaluable hands-on experience working on a full design system at a fast-paced startup. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the future of patient communications.
This position will be on the UX Team, within the Product Department at WELL Health. You will be designing for our web platform. You will also be contributing to our Design System and UI Library. You will receive mentorship and career development to contribute to your growth.
- Create new user interface design layouts and update content/components within existing layouts
- Create Figma components
- Create interactive Figma prototypes and map multiple interactive states
- Create and contribute to our Design System documentation
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or educational experience in User Interface Design or User Experience Design
- Graphic/UI design experience
- Web design experience
- Figma experience with components, auto-layout, constraints, variants, interactive components, libraries
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem solving skills
- Possess a direct communication style
- Flexible and can easily adapt to different work environments
- Comfortable working independently
- User research / testing
- UI animation experience
- Illustration / icon design experience
- Sketch symbol experience with illustrations
- All internships are paid
- All internships are virtual
- Internships will be full-time (40 hours per week)
- All internships will be 10-12 weeks
- All interns must currently reside in the United States
- We are happy to work with an intern and their school on qualifying internships for course credit (pending the school’s guidelines)
- All interns will be provided with a MacBook Pro
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – fun Zoom company events (frequent Lunch & Learns and team events) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – a culture focused on Pursuing Growth. We have an awesome track record of hiring interns into full-time roles!
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.