Senior UX Researcher
Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior UX Designer/Researcher to join our dynamic Design Team. We need a Senior Design lead to help build the best digital experiences for Ocrolus customers. Your design andtechnical research skills will help problem solve for all platform touch points, and improve task performance and product usability/findability. Your UX design leadership will help defend designs, build stakeholder alignment, and commission specific research in an effort to guide ongoing product development.
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Create, facilitate, and run user research and testing
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to create, evolve and refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of industry experience shipping software or web services
- Manage project work flows and deadlines with emphasis on both quality and timely delivery
- Provide design standards, across all Ocrolus platforms, and implement best UX practices, ensuring a high bar of quality
- Ensure digital deliverables meet business requirements by leading the delivery production line (development, testing and implementation)
- Design Thinking, Human in the Loop, and analytical approach
- Mastery of UX design principles
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills
- Experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and Figma, etc
- Thorough understanding of JIRA and Agile processes and environments
- Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Communication, collaboration and teamwork
- Problem-solving and Adaptability skills
- Design portfolio that demonstrates problem solving for digital experiences and good branding aesthetics
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.