Kin + Carta
Location: Manchester, England
Position: Digital (UI/UX) Designer
Kin and Carta Connect are looking for an experienced Digital Designer; someone who can hit the ground running and can make an impact from day one. This is a rare opportunity for the right person to join our team working across a number of globally recognised clients. A chance to work on projects that push the boundaries of brand and digital experience.
We’re not just looking for someone to come in and create brilliant interfaces or prototypes. We want an experienced designer who can design and shape unique, user-centric experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters.
We’re looking for someone who has an outstanding, creative design portfolio; showing hands-on experience designing elegant user interfaces, (predominantly web platforms). Turning insights and vision into reality through robust, usable and creative execution. You should be able to work confidently alongside other designers in the creation of working prototypes (for testing and client approval) and the creation and maintenance of complex design systems.
You will be a motivated self-starter, who feels confident working at the centre of a diverse team, in a fast-paced environment, potentially across multiple projects. Happy interacting with users and client stakeholders alike, guiding design decisions based on research and insight, under the guidance of our Design Directors.
We welcome applicants who have some experience under their belt, in a UX/UI design role. Either at an agency or in-house. This role offers an opportunity to join an established and diverse agency design team during a period of growth and development. Working on global projects for well respected client brands, and learning from an experienced team of UX designers, researchers and creatives who are all masters of their craft.
Skills & Experience
- A strong visual design portfolio, demonstrating creative flair and a solid understanding of interaction design principles.
- Experienced using modern design tools, such as Figma, Sketch and Adobe CC.
- Experience and understanding of atomic design principles and the importance of Design Systems in the delivery of digital products and platforms.
- An understanding of front-end development practices, and the importance of good design handoff.
- Creation of prototypes in software like Invision, Marvel and Sketch/Figma.
- Have a good understanding of the UCD process and what best practice looks like from a usability perspective.
- You are a good communicator and comfortable presenting your work and rationale to clients.
- You understand and manage client needs/expectations and you’re able to manage your own time to meet deadlines.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Motion graphics or video editing experience would be a bonus.
- Understand how to design to meet accessibility criteria and guidelines.
- Experience designing for modern Digital Experience Platforms.
- Able to manage multiple projects and report on their status internally.
- Experienced at working with Project Managers and/or Client Services teams.
- Ensure the creative direction is executed to its fullest.
- Upholding the high standards of our clients’ brands.
- Going above and beyond in order to deliver for our clients.
Personal qualities & attributes
- A natural communicator, who enjoys working with a diverse and driven peer group.
- Comfortable conversing with client stakeholders, and accomplished in recommending industry best practices.
- Imaginative and enthusiastic creative thinker and problem solver, who exhibits a natural instinct for useful and usable design.
- Willing to push for the adoption of new and innovative ideas and methodologies.
- An unwavering desire to deliver quality in their craft.
- Keeps abreast of current digital design and tech trends.