Senior UX/UI Designer
As a UX/UI Designer (f/m/x) for the Native Instruments website you will help us craft an inspiring experience for our customers to make music creation an accessible and creative journey to everyone.
You will be responsible for coordinating early design tasks, including gathering and synthesizing inputs from various internal stakeholders and external users, creating user journeys, workflows and crafting pixel perfect designs. You will work closely with your development team, the product owner and user research to iterate your concepts and solutions and support the team throughout the implementation process.
As a strong communicator you will help your team to gain a deeper understanding of the users’ needs and create innovative and forward-thinking solutions, while keeping the technology and business perspective in mind.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide inspiring and well considered design concepts that will help define the function and interaction appearance of NI's web experience.
- Organize and undertake user interviews and usability tests to validate from design assumptions to detailed concepts.
- Create prototypes from paper mockups to functional prototypes.
- Conceptualize workflows and validate them with developers and users.
- Create and deliver detailed concept presentations to internal project and management teams.
- Generate supporting concept documentation for development teams.
- Work closely with your cross-functional team to make sure the key design intent is achieved and to ensure the highest level of quality in production.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Highly creative design-driven individual with a passion for music and design.
- Design degree with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in web and mobile designing e-commerce apps and sites.
- Strong, contemporary UI and Interaction design aesthetics.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices for web-based information architecture, as well as usability principles and techniques.
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to self-organize running projects and tasks.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team in an agile/scrum environment.
- Proficient creating great human-centered, customer-focused design solutions.
- Experience planning user research and conducting interviews.
- Fluent in prototyping for exploring new ideas.
- Experience with contemporary design tools including Adobe CC, Sketch, Abstract, and Invision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong projects - new products, interesting challenges.
- Design process, from early exploration to final presentation.
- Sketches, iterations and prototypes.
- Description of your role and contribution for each project.
Native Instruments embraces diversity. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. Our company culture focuses on bringing unique ideas together to fuel innovation.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive, and exciting.