Senior UX Researcher
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Barcelona and London. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we are looking for:
Now, we are on a mission to bring Rover.com and the benefits we spread amongst more pet lovers! Therefore, we are looking for a passionate Senior User Researcher in Barcelona to further improve and contribute to the Rover product’s user experience and lead our user research strategy.
As a Senior User Researcher at Rover, you will join a team of 6 designers and 1 researcher to create research plans, collaborate on roadmaps, and push forward the user experience of Rover with a special focus on helping us growth in our European markets. You will have the ownership to decide on the best research methods to reach our business objectives, while maintaining alignment with our UX objectives, brand, and company values. You will be joining a team of folks passionate about user experience, learning, growing, and having fun together.
- Lead research strategy and integrate user research into product designs and processes cross-functionally.
- Work directly with product managers, UX, and other partners to define roadmaps and learning objectives.
- Collaborate with PMs, UX, Data Analytics, and other partners to choose the best qualitative research method or framework and design a research plan that meets concrete business goals.
- Conduct qualitative research such as contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, usability studies, etc in collaboration with UX Design and Product.
- Produce highly actionable insights/reports and working cross-functionally to educate and partner on applying those insights, as well as bring those insights to the entire company.
- Understand and integrate quantitative findings and materials with qualitative research.
- Help build the foundation of the research team, including processes and tea growth strategies
- Bring your expertise in psychology, human behavior, user experience principles, etc to the team and broader company.
- The ability to speak more than one language, specifically German, Spanish, French, or Italian.
- Experience with quantitative research such as surveys, metrics tracking, SUPR-Q, etc or the ability to use SQL and work with Sisense (Periscope).
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (Remotely due to Covid19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.