Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively: 900,000+ learners have taken more than over 7M class hours. We've more than quadrupled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 130 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $130M since founding with most of that still in the bank. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative edtech company in the world and in the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need. In addition, Outschool has created an Educator Endowment Fund in appreciation for these teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
Our product and expertise have become central to many families, educators and organizations and will continue to provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their interests in 2021 and beyond.
Data plays an essential role in how we make decisions at Outschool. As our company grows, so does our need for rigorous, ongoing feedback from learners, parents, and teachers. As a UX Researcher at Outschool, you will help us stay connected to our community’s needs and experiences as we scale by conducting end-to-end research, from early exploratory initiatives to post-release validation. You’ll be joining a fast-growing research team at a high-growth, mission-driven startup where your work will have the potential for major impact on the lives of teachers and families across the world.
- Proactively plan and execute user research throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle, working closely & collaboratively with product partners and cross-functional stakeholders
- Independently conduct end-to-end qualitative/quantitative studies to answer key questions for our business
- Work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects
- Contribute to the development of a data-driven understanding of Outschool’s users and potential users
- Help the research team develop and optimize internal processes so we can maintain both rigor and speed as we scale
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience in UX research, with an emphasis on product research/strategy
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills; can quickly distill complex ideas to their essence and socialize findings with easeExcellent facilitation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills; you can quickly distill complex ideas to their essence and socialize findings with ease
- Business and product savviness - ability to prioritize and deliver research that will drive decisions at the company
- Experience and judgment of when to be scrappy and when to be rigorous
- Highly collaborative people-person: you love connecting with and helping others, whether they’re users or teammates
- Analytical ,data-driven, and supremely detail-oriented
- Passion for education and learning
- Previous startup experience
- Experience writing SQL
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.