Founded in 2013, BetterUp is the global leader in mobile-based professional coaching, counseling, and mentorship. BetterUp combines world-class coaching with AI technology and behavioral science to deliver personalized behavior change at scale, improving the well-being, adaptability, and effectiveness of the workforce. With a network of over 2,000 coaches, BetterUp offers coaching in 49 languages across 66 countries, along with interactive professional development content, analytics and real-time insights to track employee progress. Used by more than 300 companies, including leading Fortune 1,000 companies, BetterUp drives transformational and lasting behavior change, resulting in improved business outcomes across organizations and inspires people everywhere to pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Additional investors in the company include Freestyle Capital, Crosslink Capital, Tenaya Capital, NBA All-Star Pau Gasol, and Olympic gold-medalist Shaun White.
We’re looking for a full-time UI/UX Designer to join our growing Marketing team. As a critical part of our small but mighty team, you’ll help elevate our brand by creating forward-thinking designs, engaging digital experiences, and contributing to our vibrant, diverse culture. You’ll play a large part in our mission to make positive change in the world, and transform how people think and live.
- Create world-class visual designs and digital experiences across multiple channels, including web, mobile, and social.
- Strong conceptual thinking. Start projects with an incredibly strong, data-driven position and come up with surprising, original concepts to move forward with.
- Identify the true needs of users through research, customer journey mapping, wireframing, and advanced prototyping (Webflow, Figma, Principle, Marvel, etc), and apply the insights to the design strategy and business needs.
- Create data-driven presentations and lead creative brainstorming sessions to help build alignment across Marketing, Product, and other cross-functional teams.
- Design mockups, storyboards, wireframes, user-flows, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Effectively document and hand-off design files to front-end developers and other creative partners.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 5+ years experience in web design in a dedicated UI or UX role
- You have an incredible portfolio of web-based UX work demonstrating a strong and strategic UI and/or UX practice, a strong pedigree in visual design, and an expertise in digital experiences.
- You’re a risk taker when it comes to design. You push past the obvious. You strive to make work that you love and experiences that help people live more meaningful, fulfilling lives.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. You have a detail-oriented and strategic approach to work, and possess strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- You care deeply about the user experience. You’re passionate about psychology and how humans think, behave, and interact.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.