Lead UI Designer
As our Lead UI Designer you will…
Merge Storytelling and Technology
MERGE promotes health, wealth and happiness in the world by merging storytelling with technology and offers marketing and technology clients full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, media, digital platform development and more. MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Brigham Health, Indiana University Health and Marco's Pizza. With 550+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Kansas City, New York City & Orange County MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our deep vertical expertise and category insights stem from decade-long partnerships with our top clients.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where talented and ambitious people grow. An experience that encourages people to think higher and feel deeper. An experience where people engage minds and hearts to do the best work of their careers.
Be Accountable and Responsible
As our Lead UI Designer you will create beautiful, functional digital interfaces using knowledge and experience of clients and users that ensure the highest quality UI and UX for all digital assignments.
- Manage project threads and oversee small project teams (1-2 designers)
- Shepherd the design process, drive decisions, and track issues
- Lead team members to create the most engaging and satisfying interactive experience while achieving the project’s objectives
- Create and manage high-fidelity design systems for complex digital solutions and maintain their integrity through all phases of a project
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from discovery to launch though deliverables such as: style guides, conceptual designs, mock-ups, prototypes, and responsive designs
- Collaborate with other disciplines to create experiences that bring together strategy, design, and technology
- Foster client relationships through consultation, presentation of work, and demonstration of digital expertise to build trust ensure expectations are being met
- Anticipate internal and client needs, through thought leadership, issue resolution, and solution innovation
- Support functional and technical teams throughout implementation to ensure solutions are being built as designed
- QA and review designs with development to ensure their final look and feel is accurate and meets desired expectations of the end user experience
- Proactively mentor others and share digital design best practices with the greater MERGE community
- Communicate, advocate, and champion digital design with colleagues and clients
These are the qualifications we’re looking for
- 5+ years agency or creative department digital UI / Visual Design Experience
- An impressive design portfolio with a strong emphasis on digital which includes working on a variety of clients, industries, projects, and contexts
- Formal design training or on-the-job experience demonstrating solid typography, interactive, and UI design experience; knowledge of responsive web, native apps, and accessibility standards
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Miro and design system managers
- Experience in emerging technology and alternative form factors a plus
- Experience in Healthcare, Life Sciences, or Financial marketing a plus
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Ability. Mastering our craft
- Agility. Delivering with a growth mindset
- Humility. Collaborating for shared success
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer