Head of Research and UX Design
The customer voice plays a critical role at TransferGo in helping create experiences consumers can trust. Fresh off of closing our $17M funding round and the launch of the first completely free international transfer, TransferGo has built up momentum toward making our customers’ money truly borderless. We are looking for a person to lead Research and UX Design to help collect those customer insights and infuse them into our next generation of products.
Our customers’ lives are increasingly becoming more global and TransferGo’s mission is to bring the best technology and a talented team of professionals to help customers move money easily and get the most value from our services they choose. With this strategy, we have made great progress in delighting customers (5 Star TrustPilot rating for our product and a world class Net Promoter Score) in over 47 countries. Research and UX design will help us leverage this network and our customer’s trust toward delivering intuitive and delightful solutions.
We have offices in London, Vilnius, Berlin, Warsaw and Istanbul. Since we would love for our UX designers to be close to customers, we have some flexibility in terms of which office to call home.
What can a Head of Research and UX Design expect to do?
- Lead user research and testing
- Investigate and communicate market context (competing solutions, impact of regulations, cultures and customs, demographics) which shape how customers perceive products
- Create personas and articulating problem statements to help focus product design
- Connect user insights to business goals
- Develop wireframes and task flows based on customer problem statements
- Create prototypes for user testing as well as communicating vision for user experience
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Owners and Engineers to deliver software that solves critical customer problems with an intuitive and engaging user experience
- Make sure that customer insights are shared and understood across functions
- Share best practices in UX design and coaching others toward raising the overall UX capabilities at TransferGo and promoting the voice of the customer in our product development
- Someone with a true customer obsession and a demonstrated track record of delivering insights into customer problems
- Ability to facilitate user interviews, prototype usability testing and testing of finished designs
- Data minded UX designer that can take a quantitative approach to decision making when needed
- Proven ability to translate customer insight into user experiences: from low fidelity wireframes to stylised prototypes
- Experience with agile product development techniques and communicating through user stories
- Awareness and curiosity about new technology and the impact on customer expectations
- 5+ years experience in web and preferably mobile product design
- Strong English skills written and spoken is a must
- Experience with product management is highly desired
- Experience with fintech is a plus
- Latest equipment needed;
- Highly skilled team members;
- Access and licenses to latest tools and technologies;
- Guaranteed yearly training budget;
- Friendly atmosphere and stimulating environment (great office space, team events, snacks and drinks in the office, team buildings and events);