User Research Manager
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above. We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
Life360 is on a mission to bring families closer— and that starts with ensuring that loved ones are safe and secure. That’s why more than 5 million families across 140 countries trust Life360 to keep them connected each day, and in life’s unpredictable moments.
From real-time location sharing and notifications, to driving safety features like Crash Detection and Roadside Assistance, we create tools that remove uncertainty from modern life — so families can feel free, together.
About The Team
We are the product organization where a group of amazing product managers, product and brand designers, product marketers, and product analysts craft the Life360 experience together. We are divided in cross functional independent teams focused on a various set of features and we are looking at adding a new expertise to our group: User/UX research!
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced UX research manager to join our team. You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products. You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. These responsibilities also include inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the UX team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless. This role is the first UX researcher in the company and requires the ability to start this new group at Life360 and be a jack of all trades to really establish UX research as a new core skill set in the product organization.
What You’ll Do
- Independently manage day-to-day activities and complex situations.
- Identify problems and solutions around escalations.
- Build and develop a research toolkit that extends across all levels of complexity.
- Build strong relationships with other teams at Life360 to ensure a cohesive and cross-functional vision.
- Become a trusted strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
- Partner with the recruiting organization to build diverse teams and inclusive environments.
- Provide clear, actionable feedback and support to develop and grow individuals.
- Determine team composition, placement decisions, and hiring strategy.
- Mentor other managers (research or cross functional) at multiple levels.
- Ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things – focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge.
- While this job is the very first UX research role at Life360, eventually build and manage high-performing teams with researchers of different disciplines.
- Work closely with underperformers to help them meet expectations.
- Set clear expectations and goals for direct reports and collective team while holding individuals and team accountable for success.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or significant experience conducting UX research with meaningful business impact
- 7+ years of experience conducting and/or studying research post-Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience directly managing, coaching and developing full-time researchers
- Experience with consumer products, consumer insights
- Experience directly managing across different research methodologies
- Experience directly conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Experience building teams over time through hiring, growing, and retaining high-performing researchers
- Track record of translating research into business impact
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional peers and stakeholders (e.g., product managers, data scientists, designers, engineers, marketing)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with presenting at the executive level
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team – Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen – Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience – Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST