SystemOne is a connected diagnostics and disease intelligence company that is committed to improving clinical care in low and middle income countries. We are improving lives via SystemOne's Aspect™ platform that moves data from millions of real-time HIV and Tuberculosis patient diagnostic tests in 42 countries and the pace is accelerating. We’ve facilitated unprecedented volumes and quality of data to measure disease outbreaks, patient care, the utilization of donor-purchased equipment and reagents, and component efficiencies within the health system. We are now looking to support countries as they unlock the incredible value of these data in their health system through our data use program.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to make our software easy-to-use for our clients -- giving each user exactly what they need when they need it and no more. One of our core values is “Be pragmatic and keep it simple,” and the UX/UI designer needs to embody this value.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. You must have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications. Additionally, the designer will work with the product design team to develop prototypes, presentations, demos, and other “drafts” throughout the design process.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with the CEO & Chief Product Engineer and other staff as needed.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, prototypes, process flows and sitemaps
- Design of UI/UX for mobile and other web platforms for our solutions.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- An extensive portfolio that includes both static websites and applications
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- The ability to set goals and follow through on them
- Experience designing and supporting actual web applications that have seen production usage with a large userbase.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
This position is designed to appeal to designers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty writing code. You will be working on web applications, mobile apps, desktop apps, marketing websites, and email
Candidates must embrace SystemOne’s Core values:
- Do good and create lasting value;
- Make the journey matter;
- Be worthy of respect;
- Be pragmatic and keep it simple.