The UX Designer III, is responsible for conceiving and articulating the UX/UI vision for rapidly evolving, multi-platform digital products, systems, and services. You will work closely with product managers, developers, and fellow designers to create an excellent user experience and manage client expectations. From user research to wireframes to detailed design, you will drive the entire design process to ensure our customers realize the most value from their products.
Additionally, the UX Designer III is adept at high-level product thinking, defining problems, and designing well-thought out solutions. You will own and drive high-profile projects to completion with little oversight, collaborating with project partners across the company to deliver innovative experiences.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a strong advocate for the design process and has a good handle on working with agile development methods.
- Ability to run point on large projects, taking them from concept to shipping as the sole designer or alongside other designers
- The ability to work with clients to quickly understand and distill highly complex user design problems into clean, understandable solutions that effectively communicate product requirements
- Ensure all creative digital solutions align to overall client's vision and user needs
- Identify the potential users of the system and create user personas, user flows, and user stories
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Use fundamental principles of visual design and create high-fidelity mockups and style guides
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism and excited about collaborating closely with other UX team members
- Interpret usability principles and research findings to identify likely problems
- Effectively express complex ideas concisely with authority and conviction
- Iterate your designs based on feedback from customers and teammates
- 7+ years applied experience) with experience designing mobile (iOS) apps
- Strong experience with Sketch and InVision design tools
- Applied experience with Apple HIG
- Experience with UCD/UX research skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work both independently and as a team (with project team, design team lead in YVR, and standards & ops leads in SEA/DEN)
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) team is a plus
- Aviation domain knowledge a plus
- 6+ years of experience as a professional UX designer
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to design new product features and optimize existing features
- Experience designing applications using Microsoft “Fluent Design System” or “Google Material Design” is a plus
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, and the like is a must