The User Experience Lead is responsible for the design of the end-to-end user experience of Gelato Network, a global print fulfilment solution that powers the Gelato Group and connects millions of customers with local print fulfilment in nearly 30 countries. Users of the Gelato Network include 70 print partners, as well as the core network team responsible for quality and on time fulfilment of customer orders.
You will have responsibility for designing the user experience across all aspects of the Gelato Network solution, which includes a broad range of critical functionality: order management, routing, production management, escalation management, logistics management and performance reporting. It needs to be optimized across multiple platforms and devices. A beautifully designed Gelato Network experience should enhance printer engagement, increase control over fulfilment outcomes and ultimately, improve reliability and quality fulfilment for our customers and improve productivity of product teams.
Working cross-functionally with dedicated product teams, print partners and internal stakeholders, you will lead decisions regarding product customer experience and define the end-to-end user experience for Gelato’s Network platform. You will collaborate across disciplines to create design solutions for a diversity of problems, scale and media. In this role, you get exposure to and involvement with all parts of the design process: user research, concept development, prototyping, working with developers and design stewardship.
We’re looking for someone who is equally passionate about designing elegant user experiences as for using systematic thinking and human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems.
What you’ll be doing
- Work cross-functionally with the Gelato Network team (product managers, operations and production leaders, product development leads) and global print partners, to design and implement best-in-class frictionless experiences in Gelato Network across platforms (web, native) and devices (mobile, desktop, tablet).
- Apply a broad range of human-centered design methodologies and tools (personas, conceptual models, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes), to develop and communicate design solutions.
- Conduct user research to develop insight into user needs and behaviors to define requirements and designs that meet those.
- Keep up-to-date on UX/UI best practices and trends by monitoring competition and relevant products, to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Share best practices internally to promote a culture of excellence in design and customer centricity.
- Be the advocate within the organization for maintaining consistent customer experiences, design patterns, and standards across products and digital touch points.
- Continuously seek and implement opportunities for improvement of the products and experiences.
- Be accountable for a consistent best-in-class usability experience.
Who you are
You are committed to excel with energy and endurance. You understand that building a company is very very hard but that is what you want to achieve. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots. You believe the best answer is finding the right answer, insight, or audience. You are quick on your feet and have a strategic perspective that others rely on. You know moving fast is not a reason to lower the quality bar. You are self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize ruthlessly. You bring strong program management skills and proven experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You are motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Passion for Gelato and our vision – sharing creativity.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, interaction design, or related field.
- 5+ years’ of demonstrated experience designing sophisticated interactive applications on web, mobile, and desktop, as User Experience or Interaction Designer in a cross-functional product driven organization or design agency.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects, with a focus on leading teams towards integrating digital designs into products, services, experiences, spaces, and brands.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good public speaking skills.
- Business-fluent in English.
- Strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.
If you have any questions you can contact us: [email protected]