Senior Product Designer
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer 💫
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Tessian has raised a $65m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, has hubs in London, San Francisco, Boston, and Austin, and London, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Product at Tessian
Having found exceptional product/market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to ‘scale-up’, and are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team.
Product Designers at Tessian work closely with our autonomous, cross-functional engineering teams to deliver amazing experiences for our customers. As part of the Product team, Product Designers work flexibly and are able to utilise UX, UI and Product skill sets.
We’re not a typical cybersecurity company, and we need someone who can communicate this through impactful UI and UX design. Our main design challenge is creating analytics dashboards and visualisations to communicate trends detected by Tessian in massive email datasets. You might also work on rethinking complex workflows, or designing friendly interactions for our end-users.
We’re looking for someone hands-on that values the impact design can have over perfection. We’re open to a variety of experience levels and would love to meet someone with startup or b2b SaaS experience.
How does the hiring process work?
You'll meet a number of Tessians over three rounds of video calls. We'll ask you about your portfolio and background and run some small design challenges.
We'd like to meet someone who:
- Has 3+ years experience working and collaborating with engineering teams in dynamic environments
- Can showcase an outstanding portfolio including a strong foundation in both visual and interaction design
- Has experience closely partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Is comfortable working on complex, open ended design challenges
- Prefers building new products over optimising old ones
- Bonus - experience designing b2b web portals
- Bonus - experience designing analytics or visualisation tools
Why we think you'll love it here 😍....
For summer 2021, we’re excited to announce what we call "Refreshian Summer" - where every single Tessian will be able to down tools at 1pm every Friday in July & August, and enjoy a long weekend during the sunniest months of the year!
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you
- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- Every other Wednesday we get together to share team updates and drinks
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Equality & diversity ⚖️
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.